Business Development Manager
Dental Industry Experience Required
Remote -East Coast
Business Develpment Manager supports our organization’s growth through developing high-quality partnerships. The PDRM plays a critical role in identifying and developing new partnership or related affiliation opportunities for Guardian Dentistry Partners, and serves as the “first impression” for all new prospective partners interested in learning about Guardian. As a key member of our Partnership Development team, you will be part of an emerging team focused on breadth (partnerships in new areas) and depth (more partners in key markets) in its pursuit developing more partnerships.
- Generate directly or indirectly lists of prospective partners/affiliations
- Research and convert leads to qualified leads through all forms of communication
- Convert qualified leads into first meetings (and second, as needed)
- Continue interactions (with ticklers to follow-up) until qualified lead is parked or converted into an information-sharing stage (signed confidentiality agreement, financial data shared)
- Manage key intermediary relationships (indirect leads) and manage outreach campaigns (direct leads)
- Manage internal referral network through existing doctors or team members referring new doctors to join Guardian (direct)
- Ability to achieve lead-based KPIs by week, month and quarter
- Become proficient in speaking to and understanding the value proposition and differentiators of Guardian Dentistry Partners
- Maintain a self-starter attitude by effectively and independently managing time, devising strategies to optimize efficiency and success in converting leads
- Strong emotional intelligence to identify needs and challenges of potential prospects
- Ability to learn dental operational “talk” (describing management, clinical, operational and other relevant topics to connect with industry participants)
- Ability to learn the dental M&A “talk” (describing equity, EBITDA, multiples, partnership economics, and other relevant topics to connect with industry participants)
- Ability to manage multiple leads at various stages of the sales-funnel with strong attention to detail and organizational skill (following up as needed, and churning through the pipeline meticulously)
- Strong presentation, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 20%-30%
The role of the PDRM is critical to the success of our organization and clients. The ideal candidate should possess the following attributes:
PARTNER-ORIENTED: The ideal PDRM candidate embraces our core value of Partnership and has a servant-attitude towards our prospective partners, treating them with utmost respect (no matter the size of their practice)
AGILITY: A successful PDRM must have the ability to adapt to process changes and improvements, particularly as it relates to our deal sourcing, underwriting, and closing process. This also includes assisting in outbound callout campaigns, and the ability to identify and execute on new partnership avenues proficiently.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: The ability to clearly and concisely communicate with a prospect, either verbally and/or through written communication, is essential in this role.
Organizational Skills: The ability to operate independently, managing time effectively to meet organizational needs and goals, is a must. This includes managing workflow and follow-ups on prospects, routing properly vetted prospects to the appropriate specialist, and attention to detail by following up with leads associated with multiple partnership development-based efforts and campaigns.
SENSE OF HUMOR MEETS PROFESSIONALISM: The ability to laugh and take a jovial or jubilant approach to life is paramount in a fast-growing organization like Guardian, while still maintain a professional demeanor every step of the way.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred. The ideal PDRM candidate will have 1 - 3 years of experience in a sales or business development-driven environment with the ability to achieve and/or exceed established goals.
Guardian Dentistry Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation & Structure:
- Base Compensation: Competitive, market based
- 401k Program: Participation in 401k plan with 4% company match
- Benefits: Competitive health, dental, vision, long term and short term disability and life insurance plans
- Location: Remote, Select travel.
Guardian Dentistry Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.