BE PART OF SOMETHING SPECIAL. Cozzini EDGE.
Cozzini Bros., www.cozzinibros.com, is America's most trusted commercial knife rental and sharpening service. Our 60,000+ customers include some of the largest and most recognizable restaurants and grocery chains in the United States.
We are on a mission to dramatically grow our business and as a result, we are seeking a proven Business Development Manager, executing in an individual contributor role, to develop our presence in the San Jose, CA market.
You will be brought up to speed quickly. Our new Business Development Managers spend their first two weeks doing a wide range of training including knife safety/identification, Cozzini Way sales training, and Salesforce.com training. In week three they jump on a ride-along with one of our expert Reps to see how they get business done. Our hands-on training lets you partner with established Edge pros to learn how to close deals in no time. After training, you'll have the continuing support and encouragement of your peers and Sales Manager whenever you need it.
As a Cozzini Bros. Business Development Manager you will have unlimited potential. We offer a competitive base salary and an aggressive commission plan including guaranteed commissions for each of your first 4 pay periods. You will get all the tech you need plus a company vehicle to use during work with gas, service/maintenance, and insurance covered. Your vehicle will be fully stocked with knives and you wouldn’t believe how easy it is to leave a sample with a potential customer - our Business Development Managers have a 33% closing rate on sample follow-ups.
Are you highly motivated and target-driven? Do you possess impeccable time management and decision-making skills? Do you love being out in the field talking to people and making cold calls?
If yes to all please submit your resume and cover letter.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Executing 15+ in-person sales contacts day/75 each week
- Establishing a minimum of 5 new customers each week through cold calling, networking, social media prospecting, and lead execution
- Maintaining accurate records inSalesforce.com
- Maintaining an accurate inventory of sales knives
- Working effectively with all Cozzini Bros. service and support team members
- Performing duties safely
- Maintaining the Cozzini Bros. company vehicle
Required background and competencies:
- Possess exposure to the foodservice industry
- Demonstrate a successful background in outside business development
- Familiarity with CRM systems - Saleforce.com experience is a plus
- Highly motivated and the target is driven with a proven track record
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Possess a valid driver’s license and meet pre-employment and periodic MVR requirements as outlined in Cozzini Bros. Fleet Safety Program
- Pass background and drug tests
- Possess the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and repetitively reach, twist, turn, bend, climb and pull
- Fulfill other requirements as outlined in the Cozzini Bros. Employee Handbook, Driver Safety Handbook, and by the direct supervisor
- Target Base Salary of $50k plus the ability to earn uncapped commissions. Total Compensation expected to be in the $80k range.
- Company vehicle for use during work hours.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Company car
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- Are you interested in an outside sales position?
- Driver's License (Required)
- Multiple locations