When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will manage the strategy and lead a team to build, launch and support Google Cloud Machine Learning Platform. You will oversee E2E delivery of Cloud solutions and will work closely with business and technology teams to identify problems which can be solved.
This position is part of our Artificial and Intelligence (AI&D) organization which focuses on delivering the power of data and AI to drive our marketplace leadership through innovative solutions that create value for our customers, shareholders, V teamers and society, responsibly.
- Lead a global team of DevOps Engineers, SecOps Engineers and MLOps Engineers responsible for managing and supporting DevSecOps and MLOps on AIML platform.
- Responsible for end-to-end availability, reliability and performance of AIML platform's CICD pipelines in support of Platform and ML operations.
- Lead the BI Platforms and engineering productivity strategy and deliver solutions across all engineering teams, multiple cloud platforms.
- Responsible for impact analysis and design modifications to existing systems to support new solutions.
- Assist with the design and implementation of best governance practices for design, security, development, usability across multiple cloud providers for public, private and hybrid solutions.
- Establish service level agreements with business stakeholders to define support model and RTO/RPO on the services.
- Establish metrics and drive overall engineering productivity for release velocity,CI/CD, quality, reliability, and DevSecOps/MLOps effectiveness.
- Interact with network users, business and IT teams, empathize with their pain points, analyze their AI/ML needs and drive end to end solutioning of data driven solutions.
- Work closely with AI/ML Engineers, solution architects, Cloud teams to design best in class solutions and drive joint priorities.
- Establish contemporary, best in class cloud management practices in line with the architectural Northstar defined by the organization.
- Mentoring junior team members on technical and functional skills.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience in leadership and Data Analytics management.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Experience with GCP (or any other cloud platforms).
- Experience with Data Science tools like Domino, Jupyter Notebook and DataRobot.
- Experience with BI Tools like Tableau, Qlik, Looker and Thoughtspot.
- Experience with GPU technology such as CUDA, Numba, TensorRT.
- Experience with global organizations spanning multiple geographies
- Experience leading a support organization providing 24x7 coverage across different global regions.
- Track record of leading complex, large scale network data projects and data products.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and define the path forward.
- Strong leadership skills for driving and collaborating cross functional groups.
- Obsessed with customer success and inspire team to go above and beyond.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.