Acrisure has been named the fastest growing insurance brokerage firm three years in a row by Business Insurance Magazine. We have over 500 locations across the US and continue to grow every month. To fuel that growth, we have another exciting opportunity for an Account Manager/Employee Benefits with Heritage Companies , an Acrisure Agency Partner.
This position will act as the main liaison between an Account Executive/Agent and Customer Service Representative to assist existing clients through the renewal process in a timely and effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the main point of contact for clients and build relationships with both external and internal clients.
- Meet with clients independently to assess their benefit needs and propose an array of solutions to meet client needs.
- Stay current with and apply ERISA, DOL, IRS, and other applicable laws to our clients’ unique situations maintaining compliance.
- Manage the benefit enrollment process and roll out benefit details to employers and their employees.
- Partner with Account Executive/Agent to select plans to quote, create effective communication pieces (spreadsheets) for client meetings, and verify accuracy of meeting materials (census, renewal information, product paperwork, etc.
- Act as team leader with CSR to create enrollment packets, compliance pieces, create plan documents, and verify accuracy.
- Create client presentations outlining benefit programs for client.
- Manage the client work flow in Gen4 Agency Management System.
- Review employee packets and compliance pieces with Agent/Account Executive for accuracy.
- Finalize and send final enrollment documents to carriers for processing.
- Verify accuracy of policies build in Gen4.
- Proactively anticipate client needs based on service history and unique business environment.
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or the recognized equivalent plus 5 years of employee benefits experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of employee benefits experience is preferred.
- Must possess an active Life and Health Insurance License
- Must be proficient in Microsoft based applications: Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must be proficient in use of Adobe.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to self-manage and motivate others to complete multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Must work well in a team environment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Some local travel may be required.