We are looking for a Auto Damage Appraiser to handle claims in assigned territory
We are looking for someone that can:
- Inspect, evaluate and conclude material damage claims in a prompt, fair, economical, courteous and professional manner.
- Establish positive public relations with insureds, claimants and the general public through professional conduct and appearance.
- Evaluate drivable vehicles at body shops, insurance offices or other customer designated locations.
- Evaluate non-drivable vehicles at salvage vendors, body shops and tow yards.
- Inspect vehicles under repair, reinspect vehicles as needed, and review shop/DRP/competitive estimates.
- Properly maintain all Company issued equipment and update assigned manuals.
- Provide guidance to all claims personnel on material damage claims
- Exercise authority to settle collision and OTC losses.
- Assist in the continuous improvement process of customer service, loss control, and loss adjustment cost containment.
- Stay professionally current with the insurance and repair industries.
- Maintain open and effective lines of communication with all personnel in the claims districts, agency offices, FNOL unit, and home Office personnel.
Requirements for Success:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Previous work experience and extensive knowledge of material damage.
- Experience working with repair shops, the general public, and professionals in the insurance industry.
- Previous experience working with people, resolving conflicts and completing assignments under limited direction.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and vendors.
- In-depth knowledge in the proper handling of all lines of material damage claims.
- Emotional maturity and demonstrated patience/understanding due to heavy customer contact.
We can offer you:
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally
- A collegial team focused environment
- An organization that values work/life balance
- An industry leading benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401K,a companywide incentive plan and an Employee Community Volunteer program
- Education reimbursement plan after one year of employment
- High School or better
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Driver's License