If you are a current employee, please STOP and apply through the Careers Application in Workday
Job Description Summary:The Sales Representative of General Market will maximize the sale of supplier brands to the trade and consumers through effective account management, sales execution, and communication that permits achievement of company and supplier objectives.
- Plan time and activities to ensure achievement of company and supplier established goals and sales objectives within assigned accounts.
- Develop monthly, weekly and daily plans for execution.
- Be responsible for all aspects of servicing and merchandising within assigned accounts.
- Follow the established company guidelines, The Eight Steps for a complete sales calls.
- Establish and follow an efficient and economical routing pattern that ensures assigned accounts are effectively serviced and merchandised as needed.
- Gain knowledge of customer’s business operations and coordinating multiple and diverse options for selling the company’s products to each.
- Develop an effective partnership with accounts.
- Have extensive knowledge of the company’s products and knowing in-depth features and benefits of each compared to the competition.
- Sell concepts and consult with the customer on strategies that will collectively enhance both business models.
- Present the entire RNDC portfolio.
- Prepare professional sales presentations for each account call tailored to current supplier programs and the needs of the customer.
- Build positive relationships and an effective partnership with the ultimate decision maker in all assigned accounts.
- Communicate issues, opportunities and market intelligence with appropriate management through written, electronic and verbal means.
- Maintain up-to-date, accurate territory and account records.
- Submit prompt and accurate reports.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- This position is required to serve as information resources for, and conduits between, the field and Senior Management.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university in related field or equivalent experience.
- 2 to 3 years of sales experience in the beverage alcohol industry preferred.
- Prior experience with account collections preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. This position further requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. This position also requires the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions or groups of managers, customers, and employees.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. This position also requires the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must possess valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and clean DMV record.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) environment.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, analytical and objection handling skills.
- Proven abilities to develop selling strategies targeted to enhance wine and spirit sales.
- Ability to work with management, colleagues, and customers throughout the business and industry at every level.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Sales Tasks & Activities: Knowledge of processes, tools, techniques and theory behind selling the organization’s products or services.
- Knowledge of Customers & Sales Channels: Knowledge of specific customer’s business operations and ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the organization’s products and services to each. Knowledge of and ability to utilize customer profile and information.
- Knowledge of Product Line: Knowledge of specific products and associated development process and strategy.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS – ( These are required to perform the key responsibilities of the job with or without accommodations )
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly
- Must be able to walk, stand, climb, balance, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl on a daily basis
- Must be able to drive a reliable vehicle from account to account
Enjoy a career with us!