- We are the largest subsidiary of a privately-held, global powerhouse in the areas of LED lighting, cabinet, and furniture hardware, kitchen organization and much more.
- We offer a strong benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) with company match, employee discount and other perks.
- There is good reason 41% of our employees have been with us for over 10 years – we hire the best, treat people well, and truly provide a family atmosphere that works hard and plays to win.
The Territory Sales Representative at a glance:
- You’ll be selling hardware – both cabinets and architectural – to a variety of different individuals and businesses while actively representing the Häfele brand.
- Our team of sales professionals are the best at what they do in our industry. We offer continuous, personalized training throughout your tenure to stay ahead of industry trends.
- Passion for the product and the brand are paramount in this role. Everything else can be taught. And there is a lot to learn.
- Experience in hardware or millwork is strongly preferred, but we’ll gladly consider candidates with transferable skills and backgrounds.
About the Job
The territory Sales Representative (TSR) travels within the defined territory promoting Hafele hardware (cabinets and architectural) t manufacturers, designers, engineers and architects. The focus is on sales and support of existing customers and specifiers as well as the development of prospective customers and specifiers.
What is expected of you:
- Develop and maintain a detailed sales and support plan for the territory.
- Maintain consistent contact with customers to maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Develop a daily agenda of in-person customer sales calls to demonstrate products and assist in customer hardware decisions including new product development.
- Determine the customer’s needs.
- Prepare price quotations ad write orders subject to approval by Hafele management.
- Maintain detailed database on previous, current and future customer product presentations and associated meetings.
- Provide daily activity reports to Sales Management at regular intervals.
- Travel to trade shows within and outside of the territory. This may include nights and weekends.
- Participate in required training (product, computer, soles, etc.) within and outside of the territory.
- Keep company informed on competitive products, promotional materials, sales techniques, pricing, warranty and marketing activities occurring within your territory.
- Complete product and market research reports as directed by Sales and Marketing Management.
- Communicate regularly with Customer Service, Sales Management, Marketing Management and other internal personnel via phone, text and email regarding customer activities.
- Maintain a home office to conduct business exclusively for Hafele America Co.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Educations and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university and 1-2 years of related sales experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.