Requisition Number: 83410
Managed Services – Senior Service Desk Representative - Bilingual
Office Location: Calgary / Toronto / Edmonton / Montreal
Role reports to: Team Lead – Service Desk
Role type: Managed Services – Service Desk Representative
The Sr. Service Desk Representative is responsible for support of all end user support including desktop hardware, software and telecommunications equipment as well as being a technical escalation point to other Service Desk Representatives. As a Sr. Service Desk Representative, you are the front line in support of Insight Customers. In this role, you will respond to customer inquiries in via phone, email, and chat. The candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
As part of the Insight Canada team, you will be a member of a highly innovative solutions environment where the people are dedicated and focused on continuous learning and growth opportunities.
Insight Canada is an organization that encourages and supports ongoing training and development opportunities. We are composed of a talented, diversified workforce that performs collectively in an entrepreneurial and flexible environment. Our Teammates have access to the latest and greatest technologies in performing their daily activities. In addition, we offer an attractive compensation program and a comprehensive benefits package which includes Dental, Health Care, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Life Insurance, and Travel coverage.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in customer environments
- Be the technical escalation person for other Service DeskRepresentatives
- Communicate with customers, teammates, and management
- Provide thorough ticket updates
- Coordinate with vendors to repair or replace hardware
- Monitor customer environments and infrastructure
- Respond to alerts and action or escalate, as required
- Generate monthly performance and capacity reports
- Effectively manage issues through multiple forms of inbound requests including in person, queue calls (phone), e-mails, Chat, web forms, or client tracking/ticketing databases.
- Respond to all Customer requests in timely and professional manner.
- Instruct end users in the appropriate use of equipment, software, and/or reference materials.
- Assist with all aspects of technical support, including on-site visits as needed.
- Data entry (management of data) - accurately prioritize, categorize, track and log calls, tickets, chats, etc. following client or internal tracking protocols.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to hardware/software, password resets, Microsoft operating systems, security, desktop applications, and peripherals.
- Research/troubleshoot issues using the tools available.
- Navigate internal/external reference support materials.
- Proactively following up on all open issues.
- Work closely with other team members to identify and suggest resolutions and improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three-year Associate Degree (field related) or equivalent experience required.
- Must have a minimum of three years Service Desk experience in a corporate environment
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- The ability to manage major outages and coordinate resources
- This position requires extensive working knowledge of hardware/software concepts, including Microsoft products and network/account management tools.
- Must be able to diagnose and resolve moderately complex system hardware, software, network, and operator issues.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business/professional journals, technical procedures, or regulations.
- Ability to write reports and/or business correspondence a must.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, other teammates required.
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment and present a professional image.
- Must be able to multi-task and be flexible with assigned work schedule.
- Candidates applying for the position must be legally able to work in Canada
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted
Insight’s success begins with our people making meaningful connections every day. Our culture lives in our teammates. Insight is looking for great people who will embrace our values of Hunger, Heart and Harmony. Hunger to create new opportunities for our clients. Heart to make a positive impact in people’s lives. Harmony to celebrate each other’s unique contributions to bring solutions to clients.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 11,000 teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 11,000+ teammates in 19 countries providing Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations across the globe
- $8.3 billion in revenue in 2020
- Ranked #409 on the Fortune 500, #15 on the CRN Solution Provider 500, 2020 CRN Innovator of the Year Award
- 2020 Intel Innovation Partner of Year, 2020 Microsoft U.S. Partner of the Year and Worldwide Customer Experience Partner of the Year
- Ranked #7 on the 2021 Fortune World's Most Admired Companies (Information Technology Services industry), #70 on the Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity, #296 on Forbes World's Best Employers (#27 within IT), and #5 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2020 list of Best Places to Work
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: canadajobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Montreal || Quebec (CA-QC) || Canada (CA) || INT || None || CA - Montreal, QC; CA - Calgary, AB; CA - Edmonton, AB; CA - Mississauga, ON; CA - Richmond Hill, ON; CA - Toronto, ON ||