We are a fast-growing, venture-backed insurtech startup for landlords and we're looking for a gifted leader to build out our sales department! At Steadily, our purpose is to help landlords all over the United States purchase insurance through a modern experience and feel confident that they have the coverage they need in case of a rainy day. Because of our cutting edge technology, our customers love being insured by us, even when they have a claim.
What You'll Do
- Build out Steadily's sales department by setting vision, implementing strategy, and developing infrastructure as the department scales.
- Lead and mentor existing team of seasoned top sales agents. We have fourteen agents and will be continuously adding more each month.
- Continuously improve processes to maximize efficiency and increase department production.
- Leverage data analytics to understand our sales organization and facilitate optimal performance.
- Lead the training and onboarding of new sales agents.
- Continue to grow a top-notch sales department by participating in interviewing and recruiting other great talent as needed.
- Drive strategic partnerships with property management systems, property management companies, real estate investment groups, and lenders.
- Experienced: You are a gifted leader with a proven history of leading high performing sales teams.
- Insurance: You have several years of experience in insurance. Personal lines exposure is preferred, but not necessarily required.
- Digital: You are tech savvy and know how to leverage data and technology to your advantage.
- Driven: You can handle important responsibilities and assignments with limited oversight. You want to make the leap into an early-stage tech startup to make a huge impact
- You must have an active property and casualty license in at least one state.
- We will pay for you to get licensed in additional states, if necessary.
Compensation and Benefits
- Overall expected compensation $200,000
- $140,00 base salary + quarterly bonus based on team performance
- Discretionary PTO
- Health insurance options
- Equity in the company
- Overland Park, KS
- We're happy to consider folks outside of the Kansas City area if you are willing to relocate within six months of joining Steadily.
At Steadily you'll be able to work with other brilliant, driven teammates who care about doing the best work of their lives. We have high expectations of each other, but are dedicated to supporting each other in those expectations and making Steadily a huge success.
In order to do this, we believe in hiring top talent and encourage each team member to actively drive the culture we want at Steadily. This includes things like being light on processes where you manage your own workload. You know your job best, so we won't micromanage how you get the job done (we provide context, not control)! That said, we're also highly collaborative and go above and beyond to make sure that we're all on the same page and have the tools we all need to succeed.
As our first Sales Manager, you'll have a huge say in how to build out our sales team and, more importantly, how we grow our company. That will include being involved in conversations such as how many agents we need, how we structure or modify agent pay, and how our entire sales organization functions.
Working at a startup isn't easy, but it is incredibly rewarding. You'll be able to see your actions directly impact the growth of the company, as well as your equity's valuation, on a near-daily basis. The growth opportunity you'll have at Steadily will also greatly increase your career trajectory, giving you valuable experience that you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere else.
We're excited to meet you!