Field Application Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a part of the team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy and work in EL Global Markets in US. Reporting to the Account Manager, you will be responsible for serving the Electrification Products Division within assigned territory. Focus will be on supporting Design/Build Contractors (D/BCs) with power one-line design and value engineering expertise, utilizing ABB products and services within fully designed systems. Support ABB products in customer specifications and one-line designs, which include but are not limited to MV/LV switchgear, switchboards, panel boards, busway, E-Max and T-Max breakers, transformers, load centers. This position (TDE) will work closely with Front End Sales management and counterparts to identify target accounts for one-line design support for overall growth in ABB products and services solutions.
- Serve as Lead for Design/Build Contractor customer base, ensuring ABB products and solutions are specified and listed as preferred/acceptable manufacturer in base specifications and projects requiring technical support
- Assist D/BCs with driving best value for their package around ABB product set for desired application
- Lead product expert in disruptive innovation solutions utilizing ABB Ability solutions and products such as, but not limited to, ABB Ability EDCS and Smart Tool
- Participate in planning efforts in conjunction with other ABB Sales and Business Development Managers in assigned territory, representing technical ideas, solutions, and recommendations as required
- Identify and develop new EP business opportunities utilizing ABB's intellectual property, resources, product leadership and experience base in traditional and non-traditional markets
- Direct, train, and motivate sales representatives by assisting them with complex product and systems applications. Train your immediate FES teams on system and product solutions
- Develop business relationships with D/BCs management and executives as required, inform them of ABB's technological developments, new products and solutions. Assist them to resolve complex problems, achieve cost savings and optimize their operations
- Act as ABB “forward observer” by reporting ABB product gaps, product opportunities, market trends, and market opportunities to ABB’s Sr. Management and ABB’s Product Management.
- Support TDM account managers and Reps with technical support as requested
- Develop and deliver training classes to educate customers on technical industry topics and product specific solutions based on their pain points
- Prepare or participate in comprehensive proposals that best positions ABB for success given product capabilities
- Routinely identify and resolve technical and commercial conflicts and constraints
- Assist with ABB legal team regarding quotation terms and conditions, including Liquidated Damages and deliverables
- Promote ABB EP Services on every project to leverage orders and revenues from spare parts, commissioning, training, preventative maintenance contracts and engineering studies. Must work well within a team environment and possess excellent communication skills
- Master’s Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 10 years of experience with Electrical Distribution Systems Design OR Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with minimum of 12 years of experience with Electrical Distribution Systems Design OR High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of 15 years of Electrical Distribution Systems Design.
- Knowledge and technical design skills for power systems relating to MV and LV switchgear, and overall one line electrical distribution systems products 10 years minimum experience preferred.
- Previous design and or operation of electrical power systems at major oil and gas companies, electric utilities, large industrial facilities required or EPC firms. With 10 years minimum experience.
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards; ANSI, IEEE, IEC, NEC, NEMA, NFPA 70E, UL, Papers submitted and presented for industry groups would be a plus.
- 30% Travel as required.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB’s Electrification Global Markets organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy in 100+ countries where the Electrification Business Area operates. Our 10,000 sales & marketing employees connect our customers and partners to our innovative portfolio of products, services and solutions. Our domain expertise and global footprint enable us to support our customers with solutions that address their current needs, while anticipating how emerging trends such as urbanization, digitalization and the shift to sustainable energy will impact their future needs. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [email protected] Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.