Do you want to work with a leading global software company in the data center industry experiencing double digit growth in each of the last 5 years?
Do you want to represent a modern data center software product that often beats offers from larger multi-billion dollar companies?
Do you want to represent a product that garners praise, kudos, and high marks from customers and industry analysts?
Are you interested in learning about new technology?
Are you competitive and want to win?
If yes, come join us!
- We are all about delighting our clients and live/breathe the end client/user experience
- We love to do great work and praise our team mates for their great contributions
- We believe in autonomy, creativity and taking initiative
Interested? Read on for additional details about this opportunity to join our amazing team!
The Pre-Sales Engineer (PSE) plays a critical role in supporting the customer buying process by securing the “technical close” during the evaluation process. The PSE collaborates with sales, service, and technical support resources to ensure proposed solution offers accurately and technically address customer’s problem statements, use cases, and requirements from key technical decision-makers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clearly understand customers problems, existing tools, existing gaps and pain points and be able to demonstrate how Sunbird Software could be a solution to those problems
- Project manage and systematically drive the customer evaluation / Proof Of Concept process
- Be a bridge to the services and support team to ensure clean handoffs from evaluations to onboarding and production rollout.
- Provide high value responses to incoming technical inquiries from customers and sales team
- Support RFP responses: PSE should manage the technical responses on RFP’s and work with RFP teams toward successful accurate completion.
- Support the development of professional services proposals: PSE should help initially scope customer projects for the services and support team.
- Provide a weekly activity reporting and updating CRM system with key data
- Provide technical sales support to partners in US territories
- Stay current with new technologies and innovations in the data center industry; and stay current with competitive offerings and recommend positioning/tactics to defeat competitors
- Represent Sunbird at relevant trade shows and industry events
- Perform post-sales support as requested by Support team and software post sales installations.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum four years of sales engineering experience in a business-to-business, large enterprise customer segment
- Excellent organizational, communication and customer facing skills
- Data center product certification, engineering credential, or equivalent technical credential.
- Must have previous experience of Data Center Operations Management, DCIM experience or IT Operations/Management experience
- Must be comfortable with travel as necessary
ABOUT SUNBIRD SOFTWARE, INC.:
- What is DCIM Software: www.sunbirddcim.com/what-dcim
- What are customers saying about Sunbird: www.sunbirddcim.com/reviews
- Why work at Sunbird: www.sunbirddcim.com/careers
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Sales Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Data Center hardware or software: 3 years (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel:
- 25% (Required)
- Fully Remote
- Temporarily due to COVID-19