Join a team that puts its People First! First American's Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
- Leads a team of Sales Representatives within a defined sales territory managing performance, coaching, mentoring, hiring and career development.
- Develops and executes the Sales Strategy for assigned territory by leveraging best practice frameworks, methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Clearly communicate the sales strategy, goals , sales targets and expectations.
- Collaborates with internal marketing teams to develop local, regional and/or divisional marketing content to drive brand awareness to support sales strategy
- Utilizes a variety of accountability tools to assesses/evaluate and take corrective action when needed towards the success of the sales strategy and the execution predetermined expectations of the sales team.
- Actively recruits, retains and develops talent and holds employees accountable for results. Leads change, manages conflict and fosters collaboration.
- Facilitates work and problem resolution between work groups and may lead cross functional/inter-departmental projects and/or process improvement efforts.
- Develops and modifies policies, processes that impact team.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Successful track record designing, developing, and executing complex projects in area of functional expertise.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at the Management level across functional groups and business units. Adeptness to influence the thinking of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations, using influence and preventing damage to the relationships.
- Strong capacity to communicate the function’s vision and the department’s direction and set aligned goals. Provides resources and creates systems to measure results. Familiar with competitor, financial and industry dynamics.
- Drives and models customer loyalty, manages customer expectations, solicits customer feedback and ensures commitments are met.
- Provides others with reliable information and delivers informative and persuasive presentations. Uses good listening skills and negotiates effectively.
- Collaboratively engages with leaders to create, identify, and implement solutions to further effectiveness of the business.
- High level of business acumen, strategic agility, ability to develop others, and influence change.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- 5-7 years of directly related experience
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience in a supervisory or management role.
- Demonstrated success establishing, leading and maintaining effective working relationships at the Department Management level.
License or Certification
May require a valid driver’s license
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.