What you'll do...
You'll serve as the front-line manager responsible for leadership and development of associates, delivering an outstanding client experience, and achieving all office related growth objectives for three tax offices. Prior tax preparation experience is not required.
You'll begin working a flexible part-time schedule in the fall as you ramp up for the busy tax season, then transition to a full-time schedule from January through April. After working a successful tax season, you may find that you want to apply to return for subsequent seasons, or even apply for advancement opportunities.
Day to day...
- Manage office staffing, operations, and logistics for three offices with support from two Associate Team Leaders
- Partner with the District General Manager (DGM) to create and implement office-level growth plans and client growth targets, which includes developing local partnerships and managing office community involvement
- Assist the DGM in recruiting and interviewing candidates for tax office associate positions
- Build an engaging team environment, across all offices, by training and coaching associates while holding them accountable to execute on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and recognizing outstanding associate contributions
- Conduct timely performance reviews and partner with Associate Relations Center to resolve associate issues and address performance concerns
- Lead daily team meetings and communicate essential information to tax office associates
- Create associate work schedules across all offices and ensure accurate timekeeping, as well as labor management, for staff in all offices
- Travel between the three offices as required
- May prepare tax returns, as needed
What you'll bring to the team...
- People management experience, with the demonstrated ability to grow and develop associates
- Demonstrated aptitude for growth plan execution and ability to lead towards growth culture
- Strong decision-making and judgment skills and the ability to function well in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a customer-centric mindset that seeks to understand and exceed client needs
- Computer proficient with the ability to use MS Office
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or high school diploma with the equivalent combination of experience
- Successful completion of the H&R Block Tax Knowledge Assessment or Income Tax Course (if preparing tax returns)
It would be even better if you also had...
- Multi-unit people management experience in the retail, restaurant, banking, or other related industry; management of people within military service positions can also be a good fit
Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply!
Pay range for this position is $7.25 to $80.00 hourly.
This information is posted pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act to provide Colorado applicants with information about what they might be eligible to receive. Individual pay decisions will depend on job-related factors such as experience, education, skill, performance, and geographic location where work will be performed.
Successful candidates may be able to participate in one or more incentive compensation or short-term incentive plans, which could generate additional earnings in accordance with the terms of each plan.
Qualifying seasonal associates can enroll themselves and/or their eligible dependents in medical and prescription drug coverage; can participate in the H&R Block Retirement Savings Plan (401(k) Plan), the Employee Assistance Program, (virtual) fitness center programs, and the associate discount program; are automatically enrolled in Business Travel Accident Insurance; and receive Associate Tax Prep benefits
About H&R Block...
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company - one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.