iboss is a cloud security company that provides organizations and their employees secure access to the Internet on any device, from any location, in the cloud. This eliminates the need for traditional security appliances, which are ineffective at protecting a cloud-first and mobile world. Leveraging a purpose-built cloud architecture backed by over 190 issued and pending patents and more than 100 points of presence globally, iboss protects more than 4,000 organizations worldwide. The Company is headquartered in Boston, MA, and has operations in Orlando, San Diego, London, and the Philippines.
At iboss, we believe that exceptional employees are the key to our success. Our teams are hands on, diverse, nimble, and highly empowered to drive excellence. Come be a part of the team that will transform the way cybersecurity is delivered!
Technical Customer Success Engineers play an advisory role to customers, build long-term strategic relationships with customers and partners and have a mission of ensuring that iboss customers achieve their desired outcomes through the interactions they have with our product and team members. Customer Success Engineers will work with government, K12, commercial and enterprise customers via live chat, email, web-based ticket systems, telephone, and in some cases in person interactions. Interactions are primarily proactive, outbound, and on a customer defined cadence. You will assist customers with designing, integrating, implementing, and training on iboss products and services. In this role you can expect to be very hands-on with technology and will also be responsible for the commercial aspects of the relationship which includes renewing and expanding the services that customers subscribe to. You will be a technical customer advocate; internally partnering with product management, engineering, and R&D resources to influence the product roadmap in alignment with feedback acquired in the field directly from customers.
An ideal candidate for this role will have a wide breadth of knowledge and experience with enterprise networks, systems, cybersecurity and sales engineering or technical account management. An outstanding candidate understands the challenges that administrators face when trying to secure users and devices in today’s borderless network landscape and have a track record of solving problems. If you have an innate curiosity to understand how systems work (and could possibly be abused), a drive to find creative solutions to problems others may think are impossible to solve, are comfortable in a fast paced, challenging environment, and are driven to provide customer satisfaction, we want to hear from you. We’ll provide the opportunity for you to work with some of the largest and most complex networks on the planet providing a service that helps protect organizations and users from threats.
- Ensure that customer desired outcomes are achieved through proactive cadence driven outreach
- Manage and prioritize assigned portfolio of customers to ensure each customer is successful and satisfied
- Act as the customer’s go-to iboss subject matter expert when they are planning changes or enabling new capabilities
- Advise customers about new products and feature enhancements
- Provide feedback to product management, engineering, and R&D teams
- Working with our technical support teams, ensure that any identified complex technical support inquiries are solved in a timely and professional manner.
- Document interactions comprehensively for auditing and record keeping purposes
- Help customers measure success by baselining current vs future state
- Work with team leads and management to bubble up recurring issues or opportunities for product or process improvements.
- Create, provide, and present quotations to customers
- Acquire purchase orders from customers
- Create and submit knowledgebase entries to help improve customer self-service capabilities.
- Create and maintain internal knowledge systems to assist other internal team members
- Stay abreast of product changes, working with lab and test systems to come up to speed quickly with new capabilities, devices, and features.
- Attend and present at trade shows and on-site training
The responsibilities described above are essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualities, and/or abilities required.
- 4-year college degree
- Previous technical support experience
- Previous sales engineering or technical account manager experience
- Outgoing personality and comfortable speaking to customers
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience designing and supporting multilayer IP networks; routing and switching
- Experience with network security; firewalls, intrusion prevention, risk assessment, pen testing, content filtering, PKI, SSL/TLS
- Experience/familiarity with managing enterprise deployments of iOS, Android, and Chromebook devices
- Experience managing Windows Server or Red Hat Linux server environments
- Experience managing large (>1k seat) Windows and Mac workstation deployments
- Experience managing DNS; Microsoft or Bind
- Experience with acquiring and analyzing packet captures
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Strong detail orientation and listening skills.
- Strong decision making and analytical abilities
- Willing to travel 10% of the time
- Health, Vision, Dental - open to domestic partners
- 401K with company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company paid holidays
- Optimistic, supportive, and FUN work environment
- Fantastic company events
- Free catered lunch every Friday
- Free snacks
The duties and responsibilities described above are essential functions of the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a veteran or as an individual with a disability.
- This position is not eligible for sponsorship of work visas