The Automotive Salesperson is expected to:
Protect the legal, financial and moral wellbeing of the Larry H. Miller Dealerships'.
Understand and adhere to group sales process to promote sales and customer service satisfaction.
Seek ways to continuously exceed employee, customer and market expectations through business operations and efficiencies.
Be a teacher to support the efforts of other employees to be successful.
Reports to: General Sales Manager
Essential Job Functions:
- Maximize Production, Customer Service and Profitability.
- Adhere to Larry H. Miller Dealerships' new vehicle sales process to achieve or exceed group standards such as sales production, gross profit and applicable benchmarks which result in profitability and customer service satisfaction.
- Build and maintain a remarkable customer centered sales and service experience.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of current automotive products, features, benefits, specifications, prices, options, models and equipment to effectively communicate with customers and exceed customer satisfaction benchmarks.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain inventory based on customer needs and desires.
- Prospect on a day-to-day basis by phone, mail, email and person to person.
- Maintain a prospective development plan.
- Follow up with customers regularly to ensure ongoing sales and service relationships are maintained.
- Monitor, track and strive to meet sales goals each month.
- Complete and maintain all Larry H. Miller Dealerships' and Factory required training.
- Maintain employee, customer and vendor confidence and protect operations by utilizing discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Maintain ability to handle job stress and effective interaction with others in the workplace.
- Complete all other job duties as requested by management.
- Operate with Integrity
- Demand the highest ethical standards from self and others.
Maintain composure within the workplace as well as outside the workplace when interacting or representing the Larry H. Miller Dealerships'.
- Set an example of positive attitude and professionalism, including a neat, orderly and safe work environment.
- Assist in resolving customer complaints in a timely and professional manner while working closely with management.
- Work performed in a dealership setting due to the necessity to work in person with employees, customers and vendors.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, reach, talk, hear, use hands and fingers and move about facilities.
- Required vision include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions precedent at that time.
- Required to lift-up to a minimum of 10lbs.
- Required to operate equipment and move vehicles in a safe manner at all times.
- Regular attendance and timeliness as set forth within the work schedule designated by department supervisor/manager is required.
- Regularly required to work various hours and frequently 40+ hours per week.
Must be at least 18 years of age or older to qualify for this position.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- 1+ years of sales experience.
- Maintain valid driver's license and MVR record within company policy requirements.
- Applicable state license(s) to sell automotive products.
- Communication- Basic ability to read and write, ability to effectively convey information to others, apply active listening by taking the time to understand the points being made by employees and customers, being aware of other's reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical thinking- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Information Ordering- The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patters of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Resolving conflicts and negotiating with others- The ability to handle complaints, settle disputes and resolve grievances and conflicts or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Interacting with Computers- Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products is required.
- Knowledge of Larry H. Miller Dealerships' current company management systems desirable.
- Clerical- Administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, file and record management, and other office procedures and terminology.
- English Language- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service- Knowledge of principles and process for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Sales and Marketing- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Adaptability- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Selective Attention- Concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
Making Decisions and Solving Problems- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Interpersonal Skills- Maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
Leadership- Ethical leadership and followership behaviors which promote Larry H. Miller standards and result in a cohesive and effective team.
Compliance- Understanding of and adherence to all Company standards, state and federal laws and regulations as well as product pricing guidelines of all lenders, agencies or business partners.
Customer Service- Providing excellent customer service through the defined Larry H. Miller processes which promote efficiencies, fairness and cost effectiveness.
Ethics/Integrity- Representing the Larry H. Miller Dealerships' by conducting yourself in a professional and courteous manner that demonstrates integrity and avoiding actual or perceived conflicts of interest. Complying with company standards and business ethics.
Oral Communication- Clearly identifying and professionally expressing issues in positive or negative situations.
Planning/Organizing- Prioritizing and planning work activities and using time effectively.
Quality- Demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness and monitoring your work to ensure quality.
Dependability- Consistent, punctual attendance at work; following instructions; responding to management direction; and soliciting feedback to improve performance.
Time management- The ability to integrate methods of time management to provide a consistent and effective workflow that is cohesive for the department and team.
Safety and Security- Observing safety and security procedures and using equipment and materials properly.
Company management reserves the right to add to, change or retract portions of this job description. Employee is required to adhere to the qualifications, duties and conditions of any revised job description.