Responsible to provide behavioral monitoring, supervision, and direct care to address immediate needs of child/ren at the CHN Children Reception and Intake Base (CHN CRIB). Working in conjunction with the Transitional Trauma Therapist, Behavioral Health Technician will provide additional support and ensure the child/ren feels safe while placement is identified.
EXAMPLE OF ACTUAL FUNCTIONS:
- Closely monitor the behavior of the child/ren as program dictates providing directions, structure, and support as instructed/trained by the clinical team.
- Monitor the physiological needs of the child/ren and assist them in meeting such needs by assisting with and monitoring meals, hygiene routines, and other functions as needed.
- Participate and provide recreational activities to child/ren when required.
- Manage aggressive child/ren utilizing de-escalation techniques and taking direct and appropriate actions in emergency situations.
- Transport child/ren in center vehicles when needed.
- Assists Children Reception and Intake Center Clinical Coordinator in maintaining the cleanliness of the CRIB by assisting with any required functions.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
- High School Diploma.
- A minimum of two years experience in the delivery of mental health services, preferable; or pursuing a degree in Psychology, Education, Social Work or Nursing.
- B.A. Degree preferred.
- Child Welfare experience preferred.
- A valid Florida driver's license.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS: *
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Ability to interact therapeutically with child/ren and their families and/or legal guardian.
- Able to establish and maintain an empathetic and therapeutic relationship with child/ren.
- Able to be open and non-defensive in supervision and quickly integrate the information dispensed in supervision/training.
- Able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to attend mandatory in-service trainings within expected dates as defined by the agency's policies and procedures.
- Able to demonstrate complete familiarity with all aspects of the Department's Service Plan and the Department's Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to observe child/ren behavior patterns and changes.
- Ability to communicate and redirect clients.
- Understanding of a client's growth and development relative to a normative development for his chronological age.
- Relates in a professional manner at all times.
- Follow and adhere with confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to navigate, update and input clinical information in client's heath record once training is completed.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to be organized, demonstrate multi-tasking skills, meets deadline.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative, while working in a team environment.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Must be punctual and have excellent attendance.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and used equipment and materials properly.
- Apply culturally sensitive and trauma-informed principles and practices.
- Be up to date on mandatory in-service trainings as defined by Citrus FCN policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive and responsive relationship with other Citrus programs/personnel, as well as with outside agencies (i.e., DCF, FCMA, DJJ, MDCPS, Court, etc.).
- Knowledge of another language helpful, Spanish preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- delivery of mental health services: 2 years (Required)
- Florida Driver's License (Required)
- One location