This is a full time salary Store Management position that is eligible for full time benefits and bonuses.
We LOVE Shoes!!! Our mission at Shoe Sensation, Inc. is to provide quality and brand name footwear for the entire family. From toddlers to seniors, our large selection of shoes has something for everyone as the typical Shoe Sensation will showcase over 10,000 pairs of the latest styles.
Since opening in 1984, Shoe Sensation has focused on bringing America’s top footwear brands to growing communities in the Midwest and South. Shoe Sensation has achieved success through superior merchandise assortment, and outstanding customer service, within a well-designed and comfortably appointed store environment.
Retail Store Manager
The Store Manager in encouraged to run the business as if it was their business with exceptional customer service, store image standards, merchandise presentation, and cost controls to achieve company objectives. Our stores managers are accountable for managing all day to day operations of an individual store to achieve targeted productivity, sales and profitability (within approved merchandising and pricing policy). The store manager interviews, hires, trains, schedules, and motivates their teams. The store team’s goals are to provide exceptional customer service and a top-notch sales experience.
The Store Manager reports directly to the Marketing Sales Director
Primary Accountabilities/Job Responsibilities:
- Supervise all in-store operations to achieve sales, service and profitability objectives, maintaining shrinkage, and operating cost controls.
- Training and developing staff to meet sales goals with successful customer service and sales techniques along with operational tasking expectations.
- Responsible for the sales floor, exterior signage, restrooms, back rooms, and front/back entries are clean, organized, and updated with the latest sales and marketing planograms.
- Meet or exceed company objectives in all measurable areas of the business.
- Make bank deposits and ensure all cash handling procedures are followed.
- Maintain staffing levels, scheduling, payroll/selling cost at or below the budget standards.
- Ensure the fiscal integrity of the store by accounting for all cash merchandise, and other store assets.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures and follow all safety standards to ensure a safe and clean environment.
- Maintains strong product knowledge for use in selling, merchandising, passing that knowledge to others and giving feedback, as requested.
- Provide regular feedback to store employees related to sales and overall store performance.
- Provide strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and expectations on a regular basis using the company objectives as guidelines for employee goals.
- Use of all systems and technology required to complete tasks, scheduling, inventory and receiving processes, requesting and approving time off, etc.
- Responsible for setting up and executing all store events.
- Lead initiatives to be involved and give back to the local community.
Skills, Knowledge, and Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Excellent Customer and sales focus.
- Possess a strong drive for results.
- Ability to build and lead a team to make positive impacts on the business.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively, in a fast-paced environment.3-5 years of retail sales experience.
- 2-3 years of relevant management experience.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Maintains and properly handles confidential and sensitive information.
- Effective communication skills – verbal, written and active listening.
- Effective phone communication skills.
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor at all times.
- Comfortable and experienced with technology including the use of a computer or tablet.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds.
Compensation and Benefits**:
- Competitive pay with potential bonus opportunities
- Paid vacation and PTO
- 401(k) with company match
- Eligible for Medical package options
- Eligible for Dental & Vision Health Insurance plans
- Generous Employee Discount
To perform the responsibilities of a Store Manager, an individual must have the ability to perform the essential duties outlined in the accountability and responsibility section of the job description satisfactorily and in accordance with Shoe Sensation, Inc. policies and any applicable laws. The requirements of this position are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While working all employees will frequently be expected to stand, walk and sit. Employees will be required to climb ladder, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Employees are required to lift/move up to 25-50 pounds. Must be 18 years of Age or older. **Benefits are subject to change from time to time and as the company dictates