HistoWiz is the largest online histopathology company based in New York City. Our mission is to help biomedical researchers find cures by accelerating histopathology and enabling global collaboration. We are looking for a Customer Success Associate interested in joining us in our mission and making an impact in the scientific community.
Since inception in 2013, we have doubled our month-over-month sales, driven primarily by customer referrals. We are profitable, won numerous awards and are funded by prestigious investors, including Y-Combinator and Zhenfund. We are seasoned scientists with experience at leading academic institutions and have published high impact research in top journals of biomedicine.
HistoWiz has over 1,000 paying customers globally from top academic institutions (e.g. MSKCC, Harvard, Stanford, HHMI) and pharmaceutical companies (e.g. CRISPR, Johnson & Johnson, Regeneron). We process tissue specimens and digitize all of the results, hosting our client’s data on a proprietary platform, PathologyMapTM . This platform not only enables industry-leading turnaround time for diagnosis, but also online viewing, sharing and search. No other platform like this exists, so we are truly building something new that can bridge scientists, doctors, and patients from all over the world to conquer life-threatening diseases collaboratively instead of individually. This online platform also contains the world’s largest collection of pathology data and the first network of top pathologists.
If this all interests you and you're looking to join a dynamic team in a role that will involve intensive problem-solving and strong interpersonal and customer service skills, then please apply!
Essential Job Functions
- Provide technical assistance and assist with navigation of the company's platform
- Work directly with clients to effectively manage their needs and preferences
- Communicate via telephone and email to address customer issues
- Obtain and process all client information and transactions
- Qualifying leads and directing them to the appropriate department
- Answer client questions or concerns in a timely, informative, and professional manner
- Calmly handle customer complaints and work to find solutions
- Seek assistance and report major problems to upper management
- Compile and update necessary documents, contracts, etc.
- Perform basic administrative and clerical duties as necessary
- Exhibit expert knowledge regarding the products and services offered
- Work according to set standards and operating procedure
- Train clients on newly released platform features
- BA or BS in a scientific or communications-related field
- Experience in a customer service, customer success, technical support or similar role
- Excellent computer and technology proficiency
- Excellent communication skills and work well under pressure
- Experience in a CRO or biotech company is desirable
- Experience working in a startup is a plus
We believe in investing in our employees’ professional development, and encourage networking within the bioscience, tech, and startup communities for all our employees and collaborators. Compensation is top-notch and stock option is available for outstanding employees, commensurate with the impact you have within our organization, and for the scientific community overall. In addition, we provide the time and freedom to pursue independent projects.
- 100% coverage on employee health, vision and dental insurance, partial coverage for family
- STARTUP NY benefits (exempt from New York State and NYC personal income tax, ~10% salary per year)
- Parental leave
- NY Commuter benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Retirement planning (401k)
- 3 weeks PTO
- Team building events outside of the office
Apply for this job