We live the company values in everything we do and act with honor and transparency. We leverage collaborative teamwork when expressing credit concerns and developing solutions for new deals and opportunities. The entire team works hand-in-hand on write-ups.
The Credit Product Underwriter II role provides a solid foundation for opportunities throughout the organization. Underwriters develop into more senior credit professionals or leverage their experience with clients to transition into sales.
- You will independently prepare complex credit analysis on commercial transactions, which impact profits for the lending division. Typical transaction size will vary in ranges and will include complex requests.
- You will interact with credit approval officers, credit risk managers, and credit concurrence officers and participate in loan presentations to provide additional information and/or to support conclusions reached in analysis. You’ll serve as an accomplished resource regarding credit/industry analysis.
- You will participate in joint calling on prospects and clients with the Relationship Managers to gather key information for proper credit analysis and to craft and deliver core and complex business deals for clients.
- You will write all commitment reports for specified loans and you will present salient credit information to the line of business and credit approvers.
- Through constant communication, you’ll ensure Relationship Managers are aware of non-compliance issues and prepare quarterly covenant compliance testing.
ACCOUNTING: You demonstrate knowledge of intermediate accounting theory, GAAP, income-tax based statements, cash and accrual, consolidation and elimination principals, and the effect each type of accounting has on the underwriting process.
COMMUNICATION: You express ideas concisely and clearly. You tailor written communications to reach your audience effectively.
ANALYTICAL THINKING: You approach a problem logically, systematically, and sequentially.
CREDIT AND RISK APTITUDE: You examine your client’s creditworthiness to alleviate risk and make informed decisions. You will have knowledge of the loan documentation and loan grading process.
RELATIONSHIP BUILDER: You relate to any audience and build trust by leveraging strong interpersonal skills and a high level of integrity.
TECH SAVVY: You will use your solid knowledge of product delivery systems, on-line computer systems, and MS Office to navigate multiple systems.
INDUSTRY ACUMEN: Your knowledge of commercial banking will be beneficial in solving problems and making recommendations to our clients. This knowledge is a plus but not required.
This level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years credit analysis/credit products underwriter experience; or 13-15 years of equivalent work related experience.
Apply today and take the first step towards your next career opportunity!
BOK Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or veteran status.