Tallan is a software technology consultancy. Our innovative solutions use the latest software technology and tools to help companies build for the future and overcome their toughest challenges. Our services and products span customer experience, cloud and AI technology, data analytics, IT strategy throughout the United States. Tallan is one of only a select few Microsoft National Solution Providers in the US and has maintained multiple Gold Competencies in Microsoft technologies for the last 18 years. For more than 30 years, our clients have come to us to find new ways to accelerate innovation, do more with less, get to market faster, create experiences their customers love, and build operational muscle for sustainable results. We help companies push the boundaries of what is possible, with innovation-driven solutions that seamlessly combine our technology thought leadership and business acumen.
As a Business Development Manager (“BDM”), you will work directly with the regional or practice leadership to help plan and execute the sales strategy with the primary goal of growing business for the region or practice.
1. 1-3 years of sales experience
2. Organized and self-motivated
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills
4. Must be comfortable learning and interested in new technical innovation
5. Must be comfortable and interested in identifying and pursuing net new business
6. Experience using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software such as HubSpot or Adobe Marketing Cloud
7. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with various deadlines and durations
8. Strong computer skills including experience with MS Office, email, and online tools like LinkedIn.
9. Must be willing to travel occasionally to Tallan’s other offices or customer locations
Business Development Manager Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Partner Engagement
a. Develop and nurture relationships with Tallan’s strategic partners including, but not limited to, Microsoft.
b. Stay up to date on new offerings or enhancements to existing offerings, and proactively recommend and assist in the development of partner-aligned offerings.
c. Work closely with partner’s sales teams to understand their drivers, offerings, opportunities, and value to Tallan’s customers.
d. Work closely with partner’s sales teams to identify co-sell opportunities and close new business
2. Customer Engagement
a. Proactively engage contacts, including communication and scheduling with potential customers
b. Plan, schedule, attend and/or execute product and solution demonstrations for existing and potential customers via conference call, webinar, video call, or in-person
3. Lead Development, Qualification and Tracking
a. Develop leads into opportunities by effectively communicating Tallan’s value proposition via the Microsoft partnership, new client opportunities and existing client relationships
b. Attend industry and networking events
c. Follow up on leads generated through national and regional marketing activities
d. Identify high potential opportunities and work with leadership to close deals
e. Enter, track, and maintain leads and opportunities in CRM systems
f. Create proposals and quotes for potential customers
g. Route and manage contract documents between potential customer and Tallan’s legal team
4. Coordination with Marketing
a. Assist marketing with regional market research for Tallan’s solutions and products.
b. Working with marketing, identify ideal titles for buyers of Tallan’s services and products and build target contact lists.
c. Assist the Tallan marketing team with regional marketing and events
Tallan offers competitive salaries and bonus plans; has comprehensive benefits plans including medical, dental, vision, Paid Time Off, and excellent career development and advancement opportunities.
Tallan is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $75,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Commission pay
- Do you now, or will you in the future, require immigration sponsorship for work authorization (e.g., H-1B)?
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Sales: 1 year (Required)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software: 1 year (Required)
Willingness To Travel:
- 50% (Preferred)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19