About the Job
The Enrollment Counselor position for the College of Adult and Graduate Studies Global Online Enrollment Team is a full-time, remote, non-exempt sales position reporting to an Enrollment Director. This position requires significant phone work and one-on-one admissions counseling. Successful enrollment counselors bring great energy, a contagious attitude, excellent follow-up with contacted leads, strong over the phone closing techniques along with persuasive and consultative selling skills. This position requires the ability to meet deadlines for enrollment, a capacity to working autonomously within a team structured environment, great relationship building and business development. The primary responsibility of an Enrollment Counselor is to guide prospective adult students successfully through the University’s admissions process by using counseling, sales, and soft skills along with effective follow up in order to assist prospective students in becoming enrolled with the University. This position has a shift schedule of 9:30 - 6:30 Mountain Time and will onboard on September 6.
Colorado Christian University is the premier interdenominational Christian university in Colorado and the Rocky Mountain region, delivering world class education to thousands of students. The fully accredited, nonprofit University is located in Lakewood, Colorado, a suburb of Denver.
Colorado Christian University was founded in 1914. CCU’s motto is-grace and truth. This motto comes from John 1.14: “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, the glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.” (ESV)
CCU's mission is Christ-centered higher education transforming students to impact the world with grace and truth.
Colorado Christian University cultivates knowledge and love of God in a Christ-centered community of learners and scholars, with an enduring commitment to the integration of exemplary academics, spiritual formation, and engagement with the world. We envision graduates who think critically and creatively, lead with high ethical and professional standards, embody the character and compassion of Jesus Christ, treasure the gospel, and who thereby are prepared to impact the world in their callings.
CCU embraces an educational model that was present at the foundation of many of the great western and American universities. It is made up of three pillars—competence, character and Christ-centered faith. Secular universities have abandoned two of those pillars. We think this is a major oversight that eventually undermines education. Furthermore, we believe this classical educational model is both life-giving and greatly needed in our time.
A leader in higher education, CCU has been consistently ranked in the top 2 percent of colleges and universities nationwide for its core curriculum by the American Council of Trustees and Alumni. CCU has had ten consecutive years of enrollment growth and has been named one of the five fastest-growing master’s granting universities by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
CCU offers more than 100 degree program options for traditional and adult students through its two colleges-the College of Undergraduate Studies and College of Adult and Graduate Studies. More than 8,000 students attend the University on the main campus, in regional centers throughout Colorado, and online.
What is most appealing about working at CCU?
- Faith-friendly: CCU’s culture is unique to higher education. Where else can you pursue academic excellence yet read the Holy Bible, pray with teammates and students at work, and work to impact our culture in support of Christian values?
- Convictionally Christian: As a university, we have an enduring commitment to Christ, his kingdom and the truth of God’s Word.
- Live out your calling: We are a traditional evangelical university where you can invest your God-given talents and abilities alongside coworkers and teammates, while having a profound influence on students as they deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Equip students for kingdom work: You can be a part of helping students discover their callings and preparing them for positions of significant leadership in the church, business, government, education, and other professions, as a key part of our University's Strategic Priorities.
We're looking for candidates who have:
- Two or more years of experience in college/university admissions, sales, public relations, corporate development, marketing, or other related field. Bachelor's degree preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve enrollment goals and utilize proven educational enrollment techniques; inbound/outbound telesales experience preferred.
- Proven oral and written communication skills, highly organized, and a demonstrated ability to manage time effectively with multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated an ability to work effectively as a team member and as an individual contributor.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project. Experience with admissions software and contact management preferred.
Key Job Duties
Contribute to CCU’s mission: Christ-centered higher education transforming students to impact the world with grace and truth. In this role, the Enrollment Counselor shares the vision of how a degree or program through CCU will transform prospective students as they obtain their education with a Christian worldview that emphasizes how personal values and ethics can impact education, life, and work.
- Working in a call center environment, apply proven marketing and inside sales techniques to attract students to Christian online higher education.
- Articulate to potential students how CCU fits into their educational goals.
- Treat prospective students as customers and answer questions related to their educational wants or needs at Colorado Christian University.
- Achieve and exceed monthly enrollment goals. Make calls or receive calls from students or family members inquiring about educational programs. Must be able to persuade and convince our customers why CCU is a good fit and how faith can integrate with their daily lives and educational/career choices.
- Regularly measure and report student recruiting activities (including inbound and outbound calls/e-mails/task management within CRM) to leadership on a daily and weekly basis.
- Work effectively and positively with other CAGS staff and faculty to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the University community. Harmony within the Global Online Enrollment team is critical to meeting overall department goals and working within a biblical framework.
- Monitor actual enrollments daily, in relation to individual goals and as established by leadership, and will execute proven techniques to accomplish enrollment goals.
- Function as a member of a university-wide team, focused on enrolling, retaining, and serving online adult and graduate students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk, stand, sit, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, speak with clarity, and have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. Requires sitting at a desk, working on a computer, and conducting phone conversations for extended periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. You may be required to work occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends.
What we offer our employees:
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages to all employees. Our benefit package includes: a tuition waiver program, excellent healthcare, generous paid time off, matching 403(b) retirement plan, and additional organizational paid benefits and voluntary benefit offerings.
Colorado Christian University’s pay philosophy is based on internal and external data for pay equity; along with budgetary considerations for effective stewardship. Pay will be assigned based on relevant experience at a range of $19.23 - $21.63 per hour. We reserve the right to pay an equitable rate that we believe is within our salary structure or that may fit a candidate’s qualifications or experience for the job. A wage range posted is not a guarantee of a specific wage range for a job offer. CCU reserves the right to make pay decisions based on economic and equity considerations to attract the best possible talent. CCU does not determine pay based on sex or any other protected status.