We are launching Pillar, a new financial services technology company, and are seeking a passionate and accomplished Lead Product Designer to join Pillar's team and build the future of financial tools and services for Canadian small businesses, entrepreneurs, and freelancers.
Diagram Ventures creates companies that pursue transformational innovation in the financial and insurance sectors. Diagram combines venture capital investment, incubator-style support and competitive advantages of large incumbents into a unique, entrepreneur-friendly model. Together with experienced entrepreneurs, Diagram creates innovative businesses that are vetted by a network of industry leaders.
Unlike traditional VCs, Diagram co-founds and finances the early stages of a new business, then works side-by-side with founders to help speed up their path to first customers and secure additional funding while offering them best-in-class services that accelerate their growth and allow them to focus on what they love. Diagram is backed by Portag3 Ventures, a leading global fintech-focused venture fund, and a group of more than 90+ angel investors.
Why join Pillar
Small businesses are the backbone of the Canadian economy, yet they have been traditionally underserved by incumbent banks. With the rapid and widespread digitization of our economy due to the pandemic, now more than ever, Canadian businesses need better financial solutions to support their businesses.
Pillar’s founding team is a combination of experienced entrepreneurs and financial technologists from such Canadian success stories as Koho, Moka and SweetIQ. We are assembling a team of entrepreneurs, technologists, and financial services experts. If you are excited about reinventing financial technology solutions that help Canadian businesses thrive, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Lead Product Designer who is passionate about creating delightful experiences and wants to bring their talents to Canadian small businesses. This is a hands-on opportunity in a product led growth, design-driven and agile company.
- Own all phases of the design process including distilling research, creating information architectures, product ideation, UX/UI design, prototyping, and implementation.
- Design and optimize products for iOS, Android and Web.
- Work closely with product managers and engineers, to evolve the product vision, improve design systems, and develop brand guidelines.
- Organize user research, collect feedback, conduct user testing and use available info to understand customer needs, problems and opportunities. Leverage these various types of information to make design decisions.
- Advocate for the user and contribute to high-level strategic decisions that shape the company roadmap.
- Collaborate across product, marketing, and customer success teams to bring our product, brand, and experience to life, communicate it to our users and forecast future issues.
The ideal candidate:
- 3-5 years of product design experience (UI/UX) at a tech/startup or digital product agency.
- A strong portfolio showcasing mobile apps, websites, user journeys, or sorts.
- Strong background in visual/interaction design, UX/UI, branding & identity
- Experience conducting user research, identifying themes and insights, and leveraging these to drive design decisions.
- Background building high fidelity prototypes for testing
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and employee stock option plan
- Remote first workplace
- Comprehensive health benefits package including remote care fully covered by the company
- Very generous vacation policy, PTO as well as flexible work hours.
- Support for continuing your skills development, developing your industry knowledge and achieving your career and personal development goals
- A casual environment where you will work with smart and passionate people
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate diversity and differences of perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.