Got Sales Skills?
At FBM we believe in doing business with integrity and being the company of choice for both our customers and our team. Come build your career at an exciting and growing organization within the building materials industry!
An ideal candidate will have a positive, pleasant, welcoming personality and exceptional customer service skills.
- Dependable and great work ethic
- Basic understanding and knowledge of building materials
- Code and input customer orders, pricing information and additional data into the computer system
- Provide excellent customer support through knowledge of our products and their applications
- Continuously improve and maintain in-depth product knowledge
- Coordinate deliveries with Operations staff
- Assist walk-in customers
- Handle and resolve customer issues
- Assist Outside Sales Representatives as needed
- Maintain effective communication with customers, management, and Outside Sales Representatives
- Focus on securing the profitable sales opportunity with each customer through excellent selling, service and problem-solving
- Effective at up selling and cross selling
- Coordinate purchase and delivery of special products. Obtain information on pricing specifications, uses and availability
- Maintain stock levels on the sales floor and in the stockroom
- Operate and balance cash register daily
- As needed, initiate telephone calls to customers to generate sales
- Respond swiftly and courteously to customer complaints or inquiries
- When required, participate in monthly and/or annual physical inventories
- Support our company values in the stated areas of Safety, Customer Focus, Teamwork, Integrity, and being the company of choice for both employees and customers
- Must be able to pass E-Verification, drug screening and background check
- Able to work 40-50 hours per week
- Other duties may be assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years inside sales experience (incoming call preferred)
- Excellent verbal communication skills and telephone manner
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- A friendly and supportive work environment
- Competitive pay and incentives
- Well-maintained equipment
- Excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental and Vision plans, 401(k)
- Career growth opportunities
About Foundation Building Materials
Foundation Building Materials (FBM) is a leading North American distributor of building materials focused on meeting and exceeding the needs of local construction trades with best-in-class products and services. Based in California, FBM has more than 4,500 employees in more than 250 locations the U.S. and Canada. FBM’s core values – safety first, a focus on customers and team members, honesty and integrity – form the foundation for an outstanding customer experience that is recognized across the industry.
FBM promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace with respect to all categories protected under applicable State and Federal law.