The Salvation Army is hiring for part-time Sales Associate/ Handler at our Covina Store. Great opportunity to get a start or improve your retail and customer service skills while contributing to the success of our Adult Rehabilitation Program. For information on this position, please read below:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.EnsureCustomer/Donor needs are met by greeting all Customers and Donors and giving prompt, courteous assistance.
2.Stock priced items ready to be merchandised on the sales floor in accordance with Salvation Army Standards.
3.Sort donations to be processed in accordance with Salvation Army Standards.
4.Assist in the maintenance of the store to keep it clean, neat and organized. Perform cleaning duties as assigned by Store Manager, Assistant Manager, Shift Supervisor and District Sales Manager.
5.Follow all POS/Cash Register Policies in accordance with TSA Policies and Procedures.
6.Maintain safety standards and report any hazards/problems to the managers.
7.Follow all HR policies and procedures.
8.Attend required Monthly Store Meetings.
9.Follows all Dress Code Policy in accordance with the TSA Policies and Procedures.
10.Work schedules are determined by Management and employee must be flexible to always ensure adequate store coverage. Part-time associates may be scheduled to work any part-time shift including evenings, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
11.Receive, unload, and stock incoming inventory items accurately and efficiently.
12.Provide Quality Assurance by inspecting products for defects and damages.
13.Maintain and clean up the area in and around the donation trailer/pod at the beginning and end of each shift.
14.Courteously assist the donor in the removal of all donated items from the donor’s vehicle and provide receipt.
15.Separate and sort all donated material into the proper containers, and properly stack material as instructed by the Store Manager.
16.Perform other written or verbal duties as may be assigned by the Store Manager, Assistant Manager, Shift Supervisor and District Sales Manager and Command Administration.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Must be able to operate POS/Cash Register
- Must pass background check, which will include Criminal History and Sex Offender Registry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, fellow store employees, customers and donors.
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, clothing carts, merchandise carts, rolling clothing racks, fixtures, furniture dollies, platform trucks and carts, hand trucks and miscellaneous carts.
- Ability to operate a telephone
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks
THE SALVATION ARMY MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.