Come Join Our Team!
Commonwealth Hotels, LLC. is a superior hospitality management company with a "world-class" culture. We are a leading franchisee, committed to providing outstanding services to our guests through attention to detail, with integrity, pride, and intensity.
Currently we are looking for a top performing Catering Manager.
The Catering Manager is responsible for effectively soliciting accounts in all market segments with a focus on soliciting catering, and event accounts. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and closing business that positively influences the hotel revenues for catering. The Catering Sales Manager plays an active role in event planning, site inspections, and food and beverage negotiations. He/she will accurately produce all group & catering contracts and banquet event orders while working closely with other hotel departments to help facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients. The Catering Sales Manager is a liaison between client and operating departments to ensure a successful event and to generate repeat business. He/she will ensure proper collection of funds for groups and events, both directly with the client and with the accounting team.
- Sell to the catering market to include the corporate, social, and wedding markets.
- Build rapport and communicate with prospective clients to initiate, negotiate, and close contracts.
- Build relationships with local clientele and industry vendors to maximize revenue potential within the local catering market.
- Demonstrate upselling techniques and minimize erosion of check averages from price-sensitive groups.
- Communication with clients to confirm all meeting logistics and catering menu details.
- Create profitable, customized menus tailored to the client’s needs.
- Service all contracted bookings, which includes but is not limited to:
- Finalizing all logistics and menu details
- Communicating all arrangements to the responsible hotel departments through Banquet Event Orders, floor plans/diagrams, and a thorough Group Resume
- Effectively working with third party planners to achieve a successful event
- Being on-site for all events
- Manage the event billing process.
- Continually manage event estimates and update as required.
- Review final billing for all events and submit in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the food and beverage team to ensure successful events.
What is in it for YOU?
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K with a company match!
- Vacation/ Personal days & Holiday pay
- Hotel Room and Food and Beverage Discounts
- Travel Discounts for Travel and Food and Beverage
- Personal Days Off
- Online Training Courses
- Commonwealth University (Grow your Career in hospitality)
- Referral Program and Bonus
- Flexible Health Care Spending Account
- Day Care Flex Spending account
- Direct Deposit
- Jury Duty Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Associate of the Month/Associate of the Year/Service Awards
- Free Basic Life & Basic Accidental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance Products for Self, Spouse and Dependents
Some Key Areas of Responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue.
- Prospecting new accounts through telemarketing, outside calls, site tours and on and off-site appointments.
- Prepare correspondence to clients; follow up on leads and client bookings within a 4-hour time frame.
- Internal reporting and file maintenance.
- Develop all banquet event orders with accurate and complete information and deliver to client in a timely manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding and proven success in the negotiation process.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to deliver presentations and conduct sales calls in a confident well-organized manner.
- Applicants must be able to work weekends & holidays.
Commonwealth Hotels was founded in 1986 and quickly became a superior hospitality management company with a world-class culture, sought after for our exceptional guest and associate satisfaction, market premiums, superior return on investment and a “Whatever It Takes” attitude. We are a leading franchisee of Marriott, Hilton, and Hyatt brands. Commonwealth Hotels, home office is in Covington, KY and led by industry executives who have worked together for more than 30 years and have over 100 years of combined experience with hotels and city clubs in all markets across the United States. Our Mission at Commonwealth Hotels is accomplished by providing quality Products and Services to our guests through Attention to Detail, Integrity, Pride, and Intensity in all we do. This allows us to develop a special relationship with our guests, associates, and owners, carving out our niche in the marketplace. These actions across the board result in superior sales and financial performance.
As a Company we believe the true success of our operation rests with the associates who bring life to the bricks and mortar. A great hotel or club is created by great people who perform their job to the best of their ability and are always friendly and helpful to guest. The attitude of our associates all our associates is the mark which sets us apart from other management companies. As the property becomes known for its quality of service and attitude of its associates, the opportunity for growth and security on the personal level is enhanced. A quality operation begets quality people and this combination in turn yields satisfied guests.
At Commonwealth Hotels, “We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. Employment is decided on qualifications, merit and business need.” EOE/Drug Free Workplace