Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love! We are disrupting the industry by changing how people search for jobs and how companies recruit top talent. This is your chance to share your work with a worldwide community of nearly 50 million monthly unique users.
About the Job
The Customer Insights team is looking for a passionate, skilled, and driven Software Engineer in Test (SDET) to help build out a new suite of features for employers to engage with their employees and access insightful analytics about their employer brand. The team uses technologies like Java11, Spring, React, GraphQL, and Presto in their day-to-day work. This team is part of a rapidly growing B2B product and engineering organization at Glassdoor.
A typical week includes working with Product Managers and fellow Engineers to understand and clarify new feature requests that support Glassdoor's business goals. You will collaborate with fellow Software Engineers in Test to discover new ways of creating and executing tests. By providing guidance on testing methodologies, you will help keep the entire team accountable for the quality of work released in our biweekly sprints. Finally, you will push new efficiencies with your team, from promoting test coverage to creating new tools and evangelizing automation best practices.
Our ideal candidate will have experience with various automation frameworks, a strong understanding of QA best practices, and a passion for quality. Object oriented programming experience and navigating Linux environments is also a necessity.
We look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment – which means wearing multiple hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn new technologies as the need arises. In this role you work with a cross-functional, collaborative environment – so excellent interpersonal and communication skills are also a must. And most importantly – we look for people who can prioritize, multi-task, and deliver.
Skills and Requirements
- 3+ years of testing consumer web sites and building functional automation tests
- Experience with automated test tools and frameworks
- Experience building maintainable and efficient tests using Java-based tools like Selenium and JUnit
- Programming experience with Java or other object oriented languages
- Knowing QA best practices and how to create processes to drive quality in a product
- Being comfortable working with a cross-functional team of developers and quality engineers to develop innovative automated testing solutions
- Solid understanding of the software development life-cycle and Agile methodologies
- Self-starter who is comfortable taking a task and delivering on it without lots of management
- Familiarity with Linux, SQL, performance tools, bash scripts and version control systems such as git are also a plus
- CS degree or equivalent experience
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80% dependent coverage.
- Equity Incentives in our parent company's ADR (Recruit Holdings, Stock ID: 6098T).
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your future.
- Generous paid holidays and open paid time off.
- Transparency: We are open and honest. We share information – the good and the bad – so we can continuously learn, collaborate and make the right decisions. Pay bands, our compensation philosophy, and employee feedback survey responses are shared publicly.
- Innovation: We actively pursue new and different ways to further Glassdoor's mission. We forge our own path by challenging the status quo.
- Good People: We work together with integrity, respect and compassion for one another. We have fun together! We are inclusive, fair and humble while remaining confident. We do the right thing, period.
- GRIT: We are resilient, inventive and fearless. We see challenges as opportunities. With passion and courage, we come together to get the job done.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We are dedicated to building a company that is more diverse and representative of society at large. Glassdoor externally publishes our Diversity & Inclusion report and information about our employee population to hold ourselves accountable to our dedication. We also provide programs and resources to build a greater sense of belonging for our employees.
Operating transparently at Glassdoor is fundamental to us walking the talk as we advocate for transparency everywhere. The ultimate goal is not just to change how we operate at Glassdoor, but for every employer to follow our lead!
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to creating a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.