Natural Intelligence is pioneering the third wave of Artificial Intelligence by developing a powerful, fast, and explainable pattern-based machine learning system. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Data Science and Analytics is responsible for developing the vision and strategy of the Data Science and Analytics department. The Director leads a team of Data Scientists and Analysts who are developing innovative solutions that solve the business needs of healthcare, aerospace, and defense customers. In addition, the Director develops and executes characterization plans on our product to obtain new insights, increase understanding of performance and capabilities, improve pipeline development, and establish best practices.
- Oversee all Data Science and Machine Learning efforts across the company, including data science to drive product improvement and adoption, customer success, and more within our organization.
- Develop the Data Science roadmap based on business priorities identified by working with all teams and departments within the organization. Manage multiple projects in parallel and oversee their completion from start to finish, setting goals and project milestones.
- Build, grow, and manage a team of data scientists and analysts, with various levels of experience and areas of expertise.
- Partner with Product, R&D, and Customer Engineering to develop a world-class machine learning system and production environment.
- Contribute to pre-sales, engage with customers, build, and develop a pathway for customers to use our product.
- Develop custom models using the NIS (Natural Intelligence Systems) proprietary system to meet our customer’s needs across a wide spectrum of areas (defense, healthcare, business). Deliver and interpret results for customers.
- Communicate important data-driven insights throughout the company, providing recommendations for improvement and assisting with prioritization. Design data processing pipelines for the department, driving the collection and creation of new data, while refining existing data storage mechanisms.
- Develop analysis plans and create datasets to characterize portions of the model’s performance. Use good judgement to prioritize competing characterization needs according to the limited resources of the team.
- Collaborate with other senior business executives and stakeholders to increase their understanding of data science and machine learning (Software, R&D, marketing).
- Contribute to publications and other research and marketing materials including white papers, conference presentations, and scientific articles.
- Create traditional ML (Machine Learning) models for benchmarking purposes. Stay up to date with the latest data science and machine learning trends, techniques, and best practices.
- Review marketing and training content for accuracy.
- MS in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Economics or Computer Science.
- At least 5 years of experience in analytics.
- Exceptional record of accomplishment with managing, mentoring, and leading people. At least 2 years of experience managing a team of data scientists with a high retention rate. Experience managing a partially remote team ensuring that collaboration and communication remains high.
- Experience with developing and executing model characterization plans.
- Proven record of accomplishment of overseeing multiple data science and machine learning projects at all stages, from idea generation to objectives formulation to implementation and deliverables.
- Strong technical skills in Python and/or R. Experience with machine learning packages (sci-kit learn, statsmodels, tensorflow, etc.).
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- Flexible Paid Leave (Vacation, Sick, & Public Holidays)
- Paid Leave for Maternity, Paternity, & Adoption.
- Equity Awards
- Work From Home
- Stocked Kitchen with Food & Snacks
At Natural Intelligence we embrace differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status and other characteristics that make each of us unique. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and celebrate a culture based upon integrity, respect, diversity and inclusion.