American Express is a leading global payments, network, and travel company, backed by one of the world's most recognized brands. American Express is unique in the payments industry as an issuer of cards as well as a worldwide network that processes millions of merchant transactions daily. We offer the broadest array of charge, credit, prepaid and co brand cards for consumers, small businesses, midsize companies and large corporations.
With 160 years of innovation behind us, our future could not look more promising. We're moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies to bring greater value to our business customers. Their success expands our success, so we put heart and soul into helping them achieve results that exceed all expectations.
Global Commercial Services (GCS) is a core operating group of American Express and has delivered robust growth over the past decade. GCS partners with corporate clients to help them manage travel expenses and make large purchases through a proprietary payment solutions and expense management tools. The Middle Market Sales & Business Development is focused on acquiring and growing American Express business with US companies with annual revenue of $10M-$500M and those within the OTA industry.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Drive New Sales from prospective clients, Expansions and Cross-Sales from a pool of existing high-priority clients with annual revenue of $10M-$500M in primary and secondary markets
- Achieve Expansion/ Cross-Sale CV targets
- Execute a transactional sales cycle
- Sell core American Express solutions
- Spend significant time identifying opportunities, ensuring set-up/ card issuing, and managing expansion signings through the first 13 months of BCV
- Sell with integrity and appropriately track prospect data to ensure a coordinated and consistent client experience, in alignment with compliance and internal partner business requirements
- College Degree Required
Required skills & qualifications:
- Demonstrating value
- Proactively and consistently demonstrates the value of partnering with Amex , highlighting key pillars of the value proposition
- Documents and communicates the ROI of growth opportunities, identifying benefits and synergies with current products
- Gains a commitment from the client to move forward by asking for the business and successfully managing objections
- Overcomes objections and resistance to proposed solutions with key client decision makers and mobilizes them to action
- Results focus
- Demonstrates a competitive, positive, “driven” attitude, quickly adapts to different situations, and recovers from setbacks
- Proactively focuses on results, outcomes, and achievements, persistently overcoming obstacles as they arise
- Influence & persuasion
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance for products and/ or services
- Utilizes innovativeness and compelling rationale to overcome complex client barriers, enabling mutually-beneficial outcomes
- Account management & pipeline management
- Co-manages a pipeline of opportunities, leveraging client data/ analytics to plan and prioritize activities within large portfolios
- Leverages lead sources to identify opportunities and proactively schedule warm account review appointments with clients
- Consultative selling
- Effectively identifies client needs with Middle Market Client Group input to configure solutions that address client requirements and deliver value
- Positions products and services to meet specific client needs and solicits feedback about the value of proposed solutions
- Market, industry, & product knowledge
- Understands at a tactical level market/ industry key competitors, challenges, terminology, technology, trends, and regulation
Location: Sacramento, CA
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Ongoing Workplace Flexibility: Position will currently be work-from-home due to COVID-19. American Express is committed to the well-being of its colleagues and to creating a safe work environment; colleagues will continue to work remotely until a return to the office can be safely accomplished.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.