Job DescriptionAbout Westlake Ace Hardware
Ace Retail Holdings, the division of Ace Hardware Corporation that owns and operates the Westlake Ace Hardware chain, is one of the largest hardware retailers in the United States. Headquartered in Lenexa, Kansas, Westlake Ace Hardware has been in operation for over a century and operates over 120 neighborhood stores located throughout the United States. Great people make Westlake stand out in our industry, and we are looking for individuals who strive for personal and professional growth, and who want to work with a company founded on (and still led by) our solid Core Values of: Service, Passion, Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Excellence
General Job Summary
The Associate Business Development Manager of Westlake Commercial (Commercial Division of Westlake Hardware), will be assigned as the single point of contact within a specific market/store to handle established high-volume priority customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver, sell and take orders for product as needed from assigned existing customers.
- Maintain daily contact with multiple customer account contacts via email, phone, fax and in person.
- Hand-off qualified leads to the market-based BDM.
- Grow commercial sales to and among local market and in-store business customers.
- Opportunities will be identified in cooperation with the B2B Manager, District Manager, Store General
- Major focus on growing sales with existing established commercial / business accounts through relationship
growth opportunities among this customer group.
- Within pre-determined guidelines the Associate BDM will have the flexibility to establish special pricing,
- Where possible and in cooperation with local in-store teams and BDMs support, transition high volume
- Liaise with store General Managers to support all major account & B2B customer needs.
- Recommend product assortment additions to stores which support the cash & carry needs of major accounts
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned,
- Refined interpersonal skills to engage with others, solid negotiating and conflict resolutions abilities.
- Experience in building materials sales and residential or multi-unit related construction projects.
- Ability to foster teamwork and collaboration. Can motivate others both internal and external to perform
- Ability to access the local competitive environment and develop appropriate B2B strategies.
- Must have excellent leadership capabilities, communication written and verbal, and attention to detail and
- Excellent PC skills including skilled knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook as well as various MS
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to work remotely with various corporate departments.
- Travel as required.
- Standing, walking, lifting (up to 50lbs) and climbing.
Ability to exhibit and incorporate our Core Values into daily decisions and interactions with others:
o SERVICE – Amaze our customers, our associates and our communities by delivering on our helpful promise.
o PASSION – Showing our love for the work we do, our customers, and our associates.
o RESPECT – The humble appreciation that every person is unique and valued.
o INTEGRITY – An authentic commitment to moral and ethical behavior.
o TEAMWORK – Together we can achieve extraordinary things.
o EXCELLENCE– A disciplined approach to achieve outstanding results through continuous improvement.