The Product Marketing team at ORBCOMM delivers world-class and effective marketing campaigns that inspire our customers to hear about, learn more, engage, trial, and buy our solutions. Product Marketing in ORBCOMM works with many teams across the organization to reach more customers; drive product launches; understand market and customer pain points and needs; create the narratives, storylines, and materials to help prospects understand the impact ORBCOMM can have on their business; create compelling campaigns; provide sales enablement tools and collateral to customer-facing teams; and support online and physical events around the world.
What you can expect:
- Defining go-to-market initiatives, including the priorities for growth, launch, most relevant channels to market, ideal customer segments, and key buyers and influencers.
- Completing market analysis to develop strategic, insight-driven marketing strategy recommendations, by developing a deep understanding of our customers' needs, the competitive landscape and overall industry trends, and apply this knowledge to our positioning and sales materials.
- Creating campaign plans that clearly articulate the “how” for the go-to-market strategy, including the goals, objectives, strategy, target audience, timeline, etc.
- Collaborate internally with Product Management, Product Development and Sales teams to translate strategic objectives into geo-specific, market-specific, and compelling customer- and partner-facing campaigns.
- Define messaging and positioning to inform internal communications teams, external agencies, and marketing partners, to deliver effective campaigns for existing customers, prospects, and partners' customers.
- Map target audiences by market segment and industry vertical and develop a quantitative definition and buyer/influencer personas based on clear customer pain points.
- Define and shape the value proposition through crisp and memorable positioning for each buyer profile.
- Brief and work on launch communications with Design, Content, Online & Digital Marketing teams and external agencies, to produce product communications ranging from brochures, datasheets, case studies, digital advertising, video, webinars, website content, e-books and white papers, social media, SEM, PR, and retention activities, to support both awareness and demand generation activities.
- Bring new launches to market internally through sales enablement to ensure internal organization readiness, by developing sales tools including sales scripts, presentations, and demonstration scripts, to effectively communicate solution benefits with internal sales, field engineering, and channel partner teams.
- Help measure and analyse campaign results to refine ongoing and new campaigns
Must-have Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years' experience in a product marketing role.
- Post-secondary degree in marketing, business, communications, or related field is required.
- Exceptional experience in developing customer-facing marketing campaigns, messaging, and market positioning across multiple mediums.
- Superior creative strategy and problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Exemplary, and proven, project management experience with the ability to schedule and manage projects.
- Exceptional campaign skills; please be ready to share writing samples.
- Excellent oral communication skills coupled with superior interpersonal/leadership skills.
- Ability to operate autonomously in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to interact with executives and support senior management.
About ORBCOMM Inc.
ORBCOMM Inc. (Nasdaq: ORBC) is a leading global provider of Internet of Things (IoT) solutions. ORBCOMM's unique combination of global satellite, cellular and dual-mode network connectivity, hardware, web reporting applications and software is the IoT industry's most complete service offering. Our solutions are designed to remotely track, monitor, and control fixed and mobile assets in core vertical markets including transportation & distribution, heavy equipment, industrial fixed assets, oil & gas, maritime, mining and government.
With nearly 20 years of innovation and expertise in IoT/M2M, ORBCOMM has more than 1.72 million subscribers with a diverse customer base including premier OEMs such as Caterpillar Inc., Doosan Infracore America, Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd., John Deere, Komatsu Ltd., and Volvo Construction Equipment, as well as end-to-end solutions customers such as C&S Wholesale, Canadian National Railways, CR England, Hub Group, KLLM Transport Services, Marten Transport, Swift Transportation, Target, Tropicana, Tyson Foods, Walmart, and Werner Enterprises. For more information, visit www.orbcomm.com.
At ORBCOMM, we believe that our people are our strength. Our success stems from our ability to attract and retain the best people who deliver a high level of performance and skill.
If you are looking for a significant career opportunity and the chance to work for an established, successful, and high growth company, ORBCOMM is the ideal place for you.
We are committed to employment equity. ORBCOMM would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ORBCOMM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time