You are a curious, self-driven, and entrepreneurial Tech leader with proven analytical skills with strong attention to detail. You bring a minimum of 3 years of experience in Software Development as an engineer or BA with exposure to platform development in a SaaS transactional environment.
We are a financial technology company that uses data and technology to empower small businesses to save on insurance. We make it easy for customers to buy business insurance online by leveraging our Insurance-as-a-Service platform and creating unique products.
Check us out: foxquilt.com
About the Role
This role currently will report directly to the VP, Data & Technology. You will be a subject matter expert (SME) for the company's products; you will be involved in, but not limited to, business analysis, technical requirements, product management, vendor relations, testing, and partnering with software engineers in executing the product roadmap. At Foxquilt, we are as committed to your growth and development as you are, and this role will have plenty of opportunities to learn and advance in your career.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As a Business Analyst, you will:
- Directly report to the VP, Data & Technology
- Receive ongoing direction, coaching, and career guidance
- Be involved in analysis, product management, including managing business requirements, technical specifications, and customer experience
- Coordinate backlog grooming and sprint planning
- Manage vendor relations, communicate across various stakeholders and team members
- Participate in customer-facing engagements and/or content production
- Conduct research, business analysis and create documentation
- Develop and maintain product roadmap based on customer inputs, strategic planning, and priorities of the business
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to lead commercialization based on requirement; pricing, licensing, margin, sales, marketing, and strategize product positioning
- Develop business and functional specification documents for product enhancements in support of product initiatives
- Create, prioritize, and maintain user stories for products
- Partner with software engineers and business/product teams to drive roadmap execution, including testing & data analysis
Education, Experience, and Expectations
- Degree in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Accounting, or a related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Software Development as an engineer or BA
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence, GitHub, and Slack
- Prior involvement in platform development in SaaS-based environments
- Technical skills: XML, JSON, CSV - experience in reading, writing, and debugging
- Knowledge of Database: SQL or NoSQL - experience to run queries, perform analysis, and debug problems
- Read code, test functionally, and reproduce any issues reliably.
- Ability to make decisions in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to manage conflict, ambiguity and embrace change
- Exceptional communication skills in dealing with business as well as technical audiences - no one should have to “translate” for you
- Be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the company’s products
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills with the ability to identify trends, establish benchmarks and provide credible analysis and business recommendations
- Be hands-on and pitch in as needed as the company, product platform, and team scales up rapidly
What do we offer?
- Salary range: 50K - 75K
- Equity in Foxquilt (Employee Stock Options)
- Excellent extended health and dental benefits
- An extra day off on your birthday.
- Casual dress-code
- Opportunity to work with a talented, supportive, extremely diverse team
- Office in Downtown Toronto (at 1 Yonge Street) with a great view of the water!
- An opportunity to join the 2022 FQ Leadership Development Program
- Weekly social events, regular celebrations of milestones, and birthdays!
- Flexible work environment, with opportunities to work from home
- Fun, friendly, diverse, social, and collaborative environment
- A place to grow and advance in your career
How do you apply for this position?
Please send your cover letter and CV
Foxquilt Insurance Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages applications from qualified candidates of all abilities who bring diverse backgrounds, skills, experiences, and ideas. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process upon request. If you require accommodation, please contact Dawn Rose, Manager - Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Action (IDEA).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Stock options
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Software development/ Engineer: 3 years (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19