AdminaHealth is currently looking for an AWS System Administrator who is seeking to be part of a high-energy, fast growing, world-class technology team.
What You’ll Do:
This position will play a significant role in setting up and supporting our AWS cloud infrastructure, which is being used to support the development and deployment of a new SaaS platform that helps companies manage their employee benefits billing process. The system itself has multiple major functions, including bill consolidation, reconciliation and payments processing.
Looking for an experienced AWS System Administrator with experience working on the designing, building, securing, and maintaining an AWS infrastructure for the new software platform. The candidate will be part of a small team initially, responsible for the infrastructure implementation, day to day operations, solving technical problems of comprehensive scope and complexity, and maintaining the security posture required for the HITRUST CSF Certification. The position will also establish the cornerstone of our standards, procedures and documentation construction and maintenance for our enterprise. In addition, recognizing impediments to our organizational efficiency and proposing and implementing solutions will be value propositions that the successful candidate will be able to provide. There will also be elements of ITSM and IT support that this position will be responsible for in the areas of desktop support, local network administration and Office365 support.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Solid experience provisioning, automating, operating, and maintaining systems using common AWS technologies like VPC, EC2 instances (Windows and Linux), Elastic Beanstalk, Load Balancers, Docker, RDS (SQL Server), S3, and more utilizing industry’s best practices throughout the lifecycle of the project (3+ Years)
- Solid experience monitoring AWS services by implementing and overseeing a Continuous Monitoring framework using Amazon CloudWatch and other external tools (Qualys, Splunk, Solarwinds, etc.) (3+ Years)
- Experience with hardening Operating System following CIS and NIST security controls. Working knowledge of Windows Server, Windows Active Directory, GPOs, and Linux OS required.
- Experience with performing OS and Software upgrades on a regular patch schedule/strategy
- Experience with DevOps processes and procedures including hands on support of CI/CD implementations (Jenkins, Azure DevOps) and other automation. Familiarity with overall Agile implementation
- Experience with backing up all AWS resources including RDS
- Experience with managing cross-functional projects and resources
- Knowledge of and demonstrable experience with ITSM, and familiarity with the ITIL framework and the overall corporate IT support function (desktop support, asset management, local network management, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution, or equivalent experience
- Must be a team player (team oriented) and willing to follow directions, as well as take initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for exciting, early-stage experience in an exciting business with great potential
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset, self-motivated and self-managing attributes
- Effective communication and collaboration skills, thrives in both remote work (high collaboration w/video conf, etc.) and on-site in the office environments
- Exceptional coding and debugging skills
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts and communicate them effectively to other team members
- Must be a team player, very detail-oriented and highly organized
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Ability to work independently, must be detail-oriented and highly organized
- Flexibility and adaptability to work on multiple tasks with changing priorities
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Right attitude: show us your passion and what you can do!
Preferred Skill and Experience:
- AWS Certification (SysOps Administrator, Solutions Architect) recommended but not required
- Experience with Infrastructure as code utilizing AWS Cloud Formation to automate infrastructure provisioning and deployment
- Experience with monitoring AWS billing and develop cost optimization strategies
- Experience with HITRUST CSF Certification
- Experience and solid capability to work in a remote environment (high collaboration over Teams and Zoom, etc.), as well as in a traditional office setting
- Familiarity (high-level) with HIPAA, HITRUST, NIST, PCI and FedRamp compliance requirements is helpful, but not necessarily required
Compensation, Perks, & Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k, Paid Time Off
- Free Healthy Snacks, Office Meals, and Refreshments
- Exciting Work Environment
Travel: Minimal travel required (15% or less).
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer: AdminaHealth does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where AdminaHealth does business.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Today’s students are the future of our business. Our internships give students meaningful, skills-based projects to own and complete as they evaluate us — and vice versa — for a potential long-term career. As they wrap up their studies, students can get a head start on their careers by applying for our full-time postgraduate positions.
We’re always looking for passionate, talented people to join our team. If we sound like the type of organization you’d like to be a part of – and you have something to contribute to the team not listed here.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Greenwich, CT: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- AWS technologies: 3 years (Preferred)
- DevOps: 1 year (Preferred)
- AWS Certification (Preferred)
- One location