Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Grow relationships with Buyers and other key customer personnel.
- Oversee supply chain including: managing key vendor relationships, guarantee parts are ordered timely to insure on-time delivery, identify key parts for overseas COGS deflation and own execution on deflationary efforts, drive process improvements, insure prompt payment on invoicing.
- May have management of a small team of employees.
- Servicing Kanban and consignment inventory programs.
- Purchasing, forecasting, and customer service responsibilities.
- Sourcing role in managing existing ILM programs for assigned area customers.
- Develop target customer service levels and team goals; position team to achieve goals.
- Provide technical and product knowledge support to supplier and customer base.
- Work to constantly improve fulfillment processes.
- Coordinate Quarterly Access / Dead Stock discussions with customer to insure account is properly maintained.
- Work closely with Marketing and BD Teams to achieve growth objectives.
- Perform monthly financial analysis.
- Strong fastener knowledge.
- Strong sales and/or service background.
- Proven success in a leadership position.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a high degree of self-confidence, passion, initiative, and a commitment to teamwork and customer service.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Ability to drive results without a great deal of direct supervision.
- BA/BS degree, MBA preferred.
Ability to read, write and speak English, analyze, and interpret related technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write presentations that conform to prescribed style and format.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic graphs and present concepts in quantitative terms.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Inventory software; Internet software and Order processing systems.
Potential to supervise employees in Inside Sales. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position will require approximately 70% domestic travel and ability to travel by air transportation and operate a motor vehicle. This position may occasionally be exposed to extreme weather conditions during travel in a warehouse environment at company branches or vendor or customer sites. This is a high stress and fast paced environment.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
GSOperatingLLC is an EEO/Disabled/Veterans employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by law.