We are a Lumber Yard / Millwork Facility. Our Counter Sales/Admin staff, take the incoming orders and input them into our system. We follow up on orders and make sure our customers are taken care of. We are a great group of people and we are looking for one more great teammate. We work no weekends or Holidays. We get paid time off, paid sick time and paid holidays. Full insurance Benefits with 401K match and so much more. If you’d like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced organization, BFS is the company for you! Military and Veterans encouraged to apply.
Do you have what it takes? (click here) OR check us out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPN86QvnkfU
At BMC, the Inside Sales Representative is all about relationships - working together with Outside Sales Reps to live up to our core values of delivering what customers need, when they need it, how they want it. On the phone or in person, the sales rep connects directly with our customers, communicating essential information like quotes and product dimensions. They tend to key builder accounts to increase sales, with a focus on exceptional customer service. It's a role that's built for growth - both for BMC and you.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding product selection, placement of orders, requests for prices and quotations, complaints and scheduling of deliveries and installations, and providing customer follow-ups.
- Continuously improve and maintain in-depth product knowledge. Share expertise, guiding customers to make the best product and service selections that will provide value to their business, while enhancing BMC’s profitability.
- Initiate telephone calls to customers to generate sales.
- Focus on securing the maximum profitable sales opportunity with each customer through excellent selling, service and problem-solving.
- Develop profitable business with new customers through excellent selling, service and problem-solving.
- Create sales tickets.
- Coordinate purchase and delivery of special products.
- Obtain information on pricing specifications, uses and availability.
- Code and input customer orders, pricing information and additional data into the computer system.
- Responsible for appearance of the location, with particular attention to displays and areas where sales occur.
- Maintain stock levels on the sales floor and in the stockroom.
- Assist with physical inventory.
- Operate and balance cash register daily.
- Research credits, returns, and late payments as needed.
- Work with outside sales representatives to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to operate computer, calculator & cash register.
- Knowledge of building supplies, applications, related equipment, and/or construction industry.
- Good interpersonal and customer relations skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Should be familiar with inventory and inventory control.
- Must be able to drive and walk throughout yards, plants and offices.
- Minimum Experience: 1 year in building material industry with basic knowledge of product and application.