Since 2009, the mission of U.S. LawShield remains unchanged. We believe in Preserving Freedom for Good™ by educating our 700,000+ members and 6,000+ industry partners in self-defense law; empowering them to handle critical, life-threatening situations with confidence; protecting them from potential injustices in the legal system after acts of self-defense; and challenging the status quo regarding the affordability of legal defense. Our higher purpose is to create a united community of responsible individuals who believe in liberty and the inalienable right of self-defense.
US LawShield prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions across a wide range of industries. The key to our success is largely dependent on the stellar ability of our program management team.
The Business Development Manager - Events will be responsible for providing our Field, Members and Non-Members with a best-in- class events experience. This role will also be responsible for ensuring all details are handled in an efficient and timely manner.
The Business Development Manager key to success will be development of an events strategy to maximize obtaining new membership and membership retention. This will be accomplished through analysis of current events and working with the Business Development team to expand successful events and develop new events.
The role will be heavily based on daily tasks and ensuring department efficiency.
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to strategize and implement high-level program initiatives. As a natural born leader, you will have a strong talent for project coordination and delegation. Ultimately, you are responsible to optimize productivity and nurture program success from inception to completion.
Why work at U.S. LawShield?
- Nation’s largest defense for self-defense organizations with 700,000+ members and 6,000+ industry partners in 46 states
- Free U.S. LawShield membership for all eligible employees
- 15 days paid time off per calendar year
- Medical, Dental, Vision and additional supplemental coverages
Objectives of this Role
- Strategize, develop, implement, and maintain initiatives for field events.
- Develop program assessment protocols for evaluation and improvement.
- Maintain organizational standards of satisfaction, quality, and performance.
- Oversee multiple project teams, ensuring program goals are reached.
- Manage budget and funding channels for maximum productivity.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Develop and drive programs for optimal return-on-investment.
- Coordinate and delegate cross-project initiatives with Trade Show Events and Partner Relations groups.
- Work closely with sales and marketing teams to plan and develop successful programs and timing for new initiatives.
- Identify key success requirements needed from cross-functional teams and external vendors.
- Develop and manage budget for projects and be accountable for delivering against established business goals/objectives.
- Work with other program managers to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the department.
- Analyze, evaluate, and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for management and stakeholders.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- Exceptional leadership, time management and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of digital marketing
- Outstanding working knowledge of change management principles and performance evaluation processes
- Program or Channel experience for an outdoor industry brand or service
- 3+ years in a cpg brand or outdoor industry environment
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM is a plus