Greenlots is unlocking the possibilities of the new electric mobility future by delivering innovative software and services that empowers utilities, cities, communities, and automakers to deploy EV charging infrastructure at scale. Our technology is connecting people to their destinations in a safer, cleaner, and smarter way. Headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, the company’s global footprint spans across three continents with deployments in 13 different countries.
At Greenlots, we are looking for candidates who want to be a part of something bigger than themselves – authentic, purpose-driven individuals who believe having a career means making a meaningful impact on our business and the world. We believe in creating and doing ‘the next right thing’, especially when stepping into new spaces and territories previously unexplored. We are looking for the bold and the courageous, the innovative, and the accountable; those who can quickly translate ideas into meaningful action; and those who have a passion for learning and growing along with us!
Greenlots is looking for a Technical Operations Engineer. As a talented engineer who enjoys troubleshooting and solving technical problems, you will be an integral member of Greenlots Customer Experience Department. You will work within our Customer Support team troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and resolution of reported issue pertaining to Electric Vehicle Charging Stations (EVSE) and software. As a Tech Ops Engineer, you will provide advanced services in our lab or home office troubleshooting tickets for our software platform, compatibility problems with our EVSE vendors, and supporting our Field Electricians with repairs. You will work with key accounts ranging from utilities, large cities, or fortune 500 companies for whom you will be the leading SME on our SW platform and hardware portfolio. We will look to you a leader in initiatives for automation and SW improvement.
What you’ll do:
- Assist our Customer Support team with advance troubleshooting issues that are escalated to Advanced Services.
- Acts as the technical expertise for our customers.
- Lead Software and Hardware Escalation calls for our customers.
- Develop improvements and automations for the triages process.
- Perform root cause analysis and impact report for escalated tickets.
- Assist in identifying common failure modes (software and hardware).
- Work with Greenlots Development Operations Department and third-party OEMs to address common failure modes.
- Work with our customers to understand current issues in the field and how to improve overall customer satisfaction.
- Perform site audits and onsite testing of EVSE equipment as needed.
- Perform onsite RF testing of Cellular networks.
- Develop improvement plans for those locations with poor connectivity.
- Assist our Field Electrician with repairs and troubleshooting in the field.
- Document repair activities.
- Perform Remote Customer support and provide “hot fixes” for software issues identified.
- Provide customer training on how to use Greenlots Software and Sky platform.
- Assist with developing Standard Operating Procedures for department.
- Assist in developing and monitoring Customer Success KPIs.
- Provide Advanced Service Training for future employees.
What we’re looking for:
- 4-Year degree in the sciences. Computer Science or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- A strong passion for customer success and improving the overall customer experience.
- Understanding of Open Charge Point Protocol (OCPP) preferred.
- Understanding of wired and wireless networking (IP address, VPN, etc.).
- Has experience with computer programming. Comfortable reading and understanding code.
- Experience using dispatch/service ticketing systems Jira preferred.
- Past Experience working with EVSEs is highly desirable.
What We Offer:
- A work environment that allows you to work with and learn from some of the best and brightest in this emerging industry.
- The ability to make a difference in a world that needs our technology to help reduce carbon emissions and enable a more sustainable energy future using electric vehicle charging software, services, and infrastructure.
- The freedom to learn, suggest, and implement innovative new ideas, e.g., systems, processes, programs, and technologies.
- Daily ownership of your role in a challenging, high-growth environment.
- A casual work environment and culture that support work life ‘fit’, enabling you to fit life into your work and work into your life, i.e., flexible scheduling, virtualization options, and a generous holiday package.
- Well-being programs that enable you to thrive, e.g., investment in ergonomics, healthy snacks in the workplace, completely subsidized onsite gym program.
- Competitive pay and benefits programs designed to enable you to thrive inside and outside of work; participation in Greenlots' performance and rewards bonus program.
- Best in class, medical benefits that offer 100% health-care coverage for employees (medical, dental, vision) and a 401K program that support financial well-being.
- A collaborative, progressive headquarter location at the ROW DTLA with fully subsidized onsite parking and access to unique food and beverage experiences (i.e., coffee shops, bars, and restaurants).