The Senior Sales Engineer will provide expert product and technical knowledge to assist the direct sales team with understanding a potential or current customers business and technical need for data protection, their systems and architecture demands and then be able to translate that into an innovative and creative data protection solution built around Thales’s market-leading products.
This role requires both technical and sales skills to be able to understand customer needs/requirements in order to assist in the qualification of sales opportunities. The Senior Sales Engineer is a trusted advisor to support customers and prospects on how to effectively utilize the Thales solutions.
- Provide pre-sales technical sales support for all Thales products.
- Work together with Channels, Business Development and Technical Support teams to ensure overall customer satisfaction.
- Using consultative selling skills with customers to understand technical requirements, provide clear estimation of feasibility and risks.
- Support contract negotiations with technical background.
- Prepare workflows, answers to Requests for Proposals, Request for Information and project proposals.
- Prepare initial solution presentations and demonstrations for all Thales products.
- Study customer operation to understand their business direction and application requirements in order to help them define their technical needs and recommend solutions that meet those needs utilizing company products.
- Provide high-level pre-sales technical support, consultation and training on company’s products and capabilities to Partners, End-Users and other departments as part of the sales cycle.
- Work closely with Product Management to identify, evaluate, and make technical recommendations regarding strategic product enhancements based on market initiatives, new technology, partnerships or customer requirements.
- Arrange and coordinate product demonstrations or trial installations of products.
- Maintain a high degree of technical awareness of relevant products, competitors, and trends in the marketplace.
- Any other duties or tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Service or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in Pre-Sales, Post Sales, or Professional Services customer facing engineering.
- Proficient with and understanding the foundation concepts of cryptography.
- Thorough knowledge of encryption (Include, symmetric encryption algorithms AES-CBC/CFB/CTR/GCM, DES, 3DES, asymmetric encryption algorithms RSA, ECC, DSA, Hash algorithms, SSL) solutions and technology available with different on premise as well as cloud storage.
- Hands on experience on Public Key Infrastructure and its deployment. Familiarity with PKI and digital certification.
- Experience with Key Management Solutions (KMS). Familiarity with Key Management Interoperability protocol (KMIP).
- Strong skills in UNIX, Linux and Windows Server operating systems.
- Strong networking knowledge and troubleshooting capabilities and experience.
- Hands on experience with major cloud service provider platforms (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Azure Cloud, Google Cloud platform, RackSpace Cloud/Hosting Services etc.) and cloud enablement technology platforms (e.g., VMWare, Openstack, etc.).
- Strong background sstorage (either SAN, NAS, etc.).
- Strong background databases (either Oracle, MS-SQL, MongoDB, Teradata etc.).
- Strong background in Big Data (either Hortonworks, Hadoop, etc.).
- Basic networking knowledge and troubleshooting experience.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to communicate to all levels of users from developers to executives.
- Excellent presentation skills from 1:1 discussions to large groups using both PowerPoint and white boarding.
- Ability to position, discuss and counter solution validation, using objection-handling skills.
- High aptitude for creative problem solving.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage time spent on each customer.
- Attention to detail.
- Remote working.
- Travel up to 50% within the assigned region.
- Experience with major Cloud Native technologies and micro services such as, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Dockers, GitHub, hands on experience with installations and configuration.
- Experience with native cloud (AWS, Azure) key protection solutions.
- Experience with Data Tokenization.
- Development skills in C/C++,Java, SOAP/XML, etc.