As a Deloitte Technology Fast 500 Winner and voted one of the top companies to work for by Built in Boston in 2021, MineralTree is a disruptive Fintech company enabling over 2,000 companies to improve operational efficiency with Accounts Payable and Payments Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as Amazon, Salesforce, Amway, Boston Celtics, Baltimore Ravens, BrightView Health, and the Southern Company have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We pride ourselves on our collaborative nature. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies.
MineralTree’s headquarters is located in Waltham, MA with offices in Alpharetta GA, Redwood City CA, and Bengaluru, India. Our team currently has the option to work remotely due to COVID-19 and return to our hybrid office with a flexible schedule when it is safe to do so.
MineralTree is seeking a talented, proactive, and motivated Senior Accountant to help strengthen our organization and accounting team. This role will report to the Senior Accounting Manager, and work together with our strong, established accounting team, with significant visibility to both the VP, Finance and CFO. We are looking for a top performer who wants to join an international, high-growth SaaS company.
- Responsible for revenue recognition process and maintenance across multiple subsidiaries; Improve control environment related to revenue and ensure appropriate recognition in accordance with ASC 606
- Drive month-end close activities and reconciliation ownership related to revenue, deferred revenue, accruals, liabilities, and others as needed
- Prepare monthly consolidation and financial reporting packages, including trend and variance analysis and other financial metrics (KPI’s)
- Support billing activities across all entities
- Work with the sales team and payroll to process and calculate sales commissions
- Assist with annual Big 4 audit and prepare information for various tax filings
- Work with other members of the accounting team to identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of financial reporting and assist with initiatives to implement improvement
- Perform various ad hoc accounting and business operations projects, across multiple departments, including Sales, Customer Success, and FP&A
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 1-3 years of accounting experience
- Experience in SaaS/FinTech is a plus
- Public accounting experience and/or CPA a plus
- Detail-orientated self-starter with experience working in a hands-on environment
- Ability to prioritize workload, provide solutions, navigate within company systems, and communicate effectively
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with Salesforce and NetSuite a plus
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality
- Keen analytic, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Excel required
As a regular full-time MineralTree employee you will enjoy a competitive salary, bonus, and benefits for your peace of mind, such as -- Blue Cross Blue Shield medical and dental insurance, vision, life,disability and more! You will save for retirement through our 401K and have the opportunity for growth with our tuition reimbursement. We also know that talented people tend to hang together, which is why we provide you with the opportunity to earn significant referral bonuses. With hard work comes the need for time off, so we provide unlimited vacation giving you the opportunity to recharge. These are just a few of the great benefits we offer. We look forward telling you more about all of the great benefits and perks here at MineralTree!
MineralTree is an equal opportunity employer. We support the principle of equality of treatment in employment, and are committed to having procedures to determine equal pay for all our employees that do not discriminate and are free from bias.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19