Job Description :
Reporting to the Ontario Sales Director, this 18 months contract role as Commercial Planner is responsible for providing Sales Management with account performance, market summary updates, monthly and annual sales forecasts for all Spirits categories. Duties also include analyzing sales and inventory patterns, evaluating current sales goals and trends and on-going communication with LCBO inventory teams.
This position is responsible for the reporting and analysis of sales information while contributing to the strategic decision making process that supports the overall profitability of the Region. This includes the development of sales reports, reviewing competitive trends in the marketplace as well as taking an active role in the monthly inventory management and forecast process to improve forecast accuracy. Lead the spirits forecast agenda with LCBO inventory team to ensure inventory flow and availability.
- Establishing and maintaining a Sales activity data library that analyzes past sales performance (Micro Strategy).
- Providing a variety of customized sales reports and charts for top accounts.
- Assisting sales management team in establishing sales growth plans by channel of distribution, product category, season, and top account.
- Proactively identifies forecast and supply issues and works directly with LCBO to address challenges.
- Coordinates and maintains the forecasts for everyday, new, discontinued, and all seasonal products. Develop Forecast Alerts and takes appropriate, timely action when the difference falls outside the tolerance set.
- Financial and analytical support for the sales division.
- Variance analysis of actual results vs. goals (AOP) and Previous Year Shipment and depletion performance.
- Assist in Development of Budget and Forecasts for Sales Division including:
Price Support, Promotions and other selling expenses
General and Administrative expenses
- Support Ontario Sales Director in preparation of Commercial Business Plan.
- Provide ad hoc expert level training and assistance to appropriate department staff members in use of analytical tools and data sources.
- Attend and present analytical findings at Regional Sales meetings as needed.
- Work with Senior Management to utilize retail forecast, pre-sell numbers, sales of comparable products, and other industry benchmarks to build product level sales curves and forecast retail demand, enabling accurate build and launch quantity recommendations for new products.
- Analyze, interpret, summarize sales data and assist in developing sales presentations specific to Key Accounts, Territories.
- Develop and own models and processes that bridge the gap between near-term opportunities and statistical long-term projection (revenue analysis, run rates, revenue by channel, forecast by vertical/territory, and other key business metrics).
- Assesses internal and external information sources to determine and forecast market trends including share positions, product launches and pricing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient with Microsoft suite products including strong working knowledge of ACCESS, Excel (advanced) and PowerPoint are required.
- Knowledge of COGNOS a plus.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- University degree in Business administration.
- 1-2 years Business experience, preferably in a consumer packaged goods environment.
Worker Type :Fixed Term Contract (Fixed Term)
Primary Location:Downtown Toronto
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :2021-07-19-07:00