Software Engineer - Web Engineer (All Levels)
Classification: FLSA Exempt
Reports To: HALO Link Supervisor
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Due to Federal reporting requirements for our organization, IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED, all potential candidates are required to apply via our job portal at https://indicalab.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Applications received via INDEED directly are not reviewed or considered for this position.
Develops and maintains Indica Labs’ software platforms for its HALO Link web application and other custom software developments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with a small, diverse development team to implement new features and extend existing ones.
- Communicates with application scientists to derive requirements and convert those into beautiful code.
- Weighs and communicates design tradeoffs, builds prototypes, and solicits feedback in dynamic iterations.
- Works with our support staff to diagnose and fix internally discovered or customer reported issues.
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, allows it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performances.
- Designs system and obtains information on project limitations and capabilities
- Stores, retrieves, and manipulates data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (CS), Computer Engineering (CE), Electrical Engineering (EE), Math or related. Experience can substitute for education on a year for year basis.
- One (1) year of development experience (Professional and Educational experience are both applicable)
- Authorization to work in the United States, or appropriate authorization to work in the applicant’s current home country (Indica Labs, Inc. does not sponsor work visas)
- Experience with React and component design in CSS, Sass, or LESS
- Three (3) years of development experience
- Familiar with enterprise environments and operations
- Fluency in modern React including higher-order components, hooks, managing large amounts of state, and integration with non-React components
- Experience gathering complex requirements from customers, and turning these into well-designed UI which follows UX best practices
- Experience with GraphQL and related tools
- Strong preference will be given to applicants currently residing in New Mexico
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong software design skills, including imperative, functional, Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Knowledge of relational databases and network protocols (MySQL, HTTPS)
- Knowledge of concurrency and the ability to debug asynchronous code
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse, global community
- Ability to effectively manage time and schedules
- Project management skills
- Strategic planning skills
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Ability to evaluate new and evolving programming technologies
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Knowledge and understanding of current programming technologies
This position is based at our headquarters in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- No, or limited physical effort required
- No, or limited exposure to physical risk
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
Indica Labs, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We take pride in providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Additionally, it is standard company policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws. Due to the nature of our business, and to meet United States Federal, State, and International requirements, final selected candidates must pass a background check for employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19