Do you want to work in a fast-paced and exciting global environment, where no two days are the same? We’re looking for an Operations Manager with Business Travel Industry experience who enjoys both a buzz and a challenge.
Full-time, homebased in the US
We’re BCD Travel, one of the world’s leading corporate travel management companies with offices around the globe. We help our clients travel smart and achieve more. People join our company because we provide a dynamic work environment, where no two days are the same. And our people stay with us because we care about their work-life balance. But don’t just take our word for it: we've been voted top place to work and recognized by Investors In People, Flexjobs and Forbes.
In this role you are responsible for the overall management and performance of the travel operations including operational performance, client servicing and retention, employee management and budgetary and cost management for a team of Global Travel Consultants.
A snapshot of this opportunity
- Review operations performance reports and provide direction and implement programs to improve the performance of the operations against goals
- Ensure customer satisfaction is measured and goals are met; implementing plans for continuous improvement
- Serve as the primary liaison between the Account Manager and the operational staff; ensuring all client needs are met
- Serve as the escalation point for client and/or customer issues, ensuring customer satisfaction
- Seek opportunities to review operational processes and the commercial relationship with customer, provides and implements suggestions for improvement
- Assist team efforts and provide direction to the team to move market share to BCD Travel preferred suppliers
- Provide team feedback, coaching and development on performance through regular meetings, annual performance reviews and ad hoc coaching
- Oversee and assist the team members in balancing priorities and managing their workload so team KPIs are consistently achieved
- Responsible for employment related act ivies such as hiring and on-boarding of new employees, disciplinary actions and terminations
How you can set yourself apart
- Minimum of five (5) years corporate travel experience
- Operations Manager experience
- Sabre GDS skills required
- Ability to work flexible schedule, which could include week-nights and weekends, when needed
- Prior budget and cost management experience
What we offer you
At BCD Travel, we work with highly motivated and passionate people. We value open communication, collaboration, and a flexible work-life balance. We offer unique, often global, experiences that empower you to develop and grow within the organization. Sustainability and helping others is also high on our list. We make a difference through charitable activities in our communities across the globe.
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. We give travelers innovative tools that keep them safe and productive and help them make good choices on the road. We partner with travel and procurement leaders to simplify the complexities of business travel, drive savings and satisfaction, and move whole companies toward their goals. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 109 countries with a global client retention rate of 98%, the highest in the industry. For more information, visit www.bcdtravel.com.
Create your profile and upload your resume/cover letter via our website. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions via [email protected] Note: send your application via the website only.
Stay informed about new career opportunities at BCD Travel
Use the 'notify me' button in our careers center to be one of the first to hear about interesting opportunities in the future. On the left-hand side of the screen, you can select filters to see updates on all vacancies that match your interest.
- Note: We’ll give preference to internal and/or furloughed employees.