About the Team
Our mission on the Work Post Sale Team is to retain and grow our customers who use the products offered by the DoorDash for Work business, while building an excellent customer experience. The Customer Success team, which sits within the Post Sale department, is focussed on supporting all of our self-serve customers while also providing an added level of customer support to our mid-size and Enterprise customers. The team's mission is underscored by the significance we place on a customer first approach to ensure our customers' enduring satisfaction with our products and service.
Customer Success is a fantastic stomping ground for employees to build both hard and soft skills, develop their customer relationship skills, sales development skills, solve tough customer problems and work with partners to be the conduit between our customers' greatest needs and what solutions we can build to address those needs.
About the Role
U.S. businesses spend over $20 billion annually on meals and catering, making DoorDash a compelling solution given our deep merchant partnerships, wide restaurant selection, and strong operations.
As the Senior Manager for Customer Success on the DoorDash for Work team, you will manage both managers and individual contributors whose primary responsibilities focus on the successful onboarding of all our customers and the broader customer success of our self-serve customer base. It is a multi-faceted role in that it requires you to lead and direct your team's efforts, while also taking a people first approach in developing and mentoring both individual contributor and manager level team members.
You will operate in a department that has to deal with a lot of change as the Work business evolves with each new iteration of this growing business. You will be responsible for annual and quarterly planning cycles for the team, defining the short, mid, and long-term vision for the customer success operation, and driving all three facets of the Post Sale business for our self-serve customer base, those being retention, growth, and customer experience. Comfort in reporting to senior leadership on our goals and outlining requirements to achieve these, while also working with leaders across DoorDash to ensure success.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead – Manage a team of managers and individual contributors that retain, grow, and support our self-serve customers, while also leading the onboarding team in bringing customers onto the platform.
- Influence – Work with our Account Management, Support, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, and Sales teams to improve the customer experience and achieve revenue goals.
- Strategize – Work with our sales, support and strategy teams to develop the operational strategy for retaining and growing our self-serve customer base.
- Customer Success - Manage a team of customer success reps that act as our escalation point for both support and sales teams. This team is solving the most complex customer problems both from an internal and external perspective.
- Onboarding - Oversee the onboarding operations for all of our customers, SMB through Enterprise.
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of customer acquisition, engagement, and retention programs and experiments. Forecast and evaluate OKR achievement for our self-serve book of business.
- Experiment – Use data to run tests on everything from new retention programs, to increasing education levels of our customers to reduce support and escalation costs.
- You pride yourself on leading and coaching others and seeing them achieve their goals.
- You can motivate people at all levels across a variety of job responsibilities.
- Manage a geographically distributed team and remotely partner with central functions.
- Translate high-level goals into applicable plans. You enjoy solving problems through collaboration with others.
- You want to shape the direction of the company
- You always look for ways to improve
- 8+ years of experience in support / strategy / business development / sales / account management / technology / or related experience
- 4+ years management experience overseeing both personal and shared goals
- Experience in a client-facing, support or account management role
- A connector who will 'close the distance' between Customer Success, our customers and internal stakeholders
- Experience leading initiatives and succeeding in a team environment
- Project management skills
- Experience with small and medium businesses or tech
- High-growth or early-stage startup experience
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash...
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to promoting new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national restaurants in more than 1000 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.