Enterprise Portfolio Manager, APMO
Monday, July 19, 2021
AvidXchange is the industry leader in automating invoice and payment processes for mid-market businesses. Founded in the year 2000, AvidXchange processes over $140 billion transactions annually across its network of more than 600,000 suppliers, transforming the way 6,000 customers in North America pay their bills. AvidXchange is distinguished as a global fintech unicorn and one of the fastest growing technology companies in the U.S. with 1,400 employees supporting customers across seven office locations. Our employees live by our core values, including “Innovate to Change the Game”, “Passion about Customer Success”, “Win as a Team”, “Play to our Strengths”, and “Have a Blast”. We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Come join the team!
Cross-functional collaboration in implementing and deploying new Avid Way of Working, deploying, owning, and managing new Project and Product Management system - Aha!
- Defining points of entry for new requests, and qualifiers to approve and prioritize them.
- Receiving, evaluating, strengthening and submitting work requests.
- Facilitating data-driven, informed decision making around portfolio approval and prioritization
- Managing the demand pipeline to right-size Work in Progress (WIP) in relation to organization and portfolio capacity
- Defining and communicating portfolio operating models and paths to value
- Continually assessing the performance of active programs and projects, against defined criteria.
- Monitoring portfolio resource consumption and utilization and proactively alerting stakeholders to potential resourcing risks
- Governing the portfolio of work and ensuring alignment to organizational priorities
Employer will not sponsor for a work visa for this position
- Manages and facilitates the portfolio intake process driving data-driven, informed decision making around portfolio approval and prioritization
- Works collaboratively with Portfolio/Program management, Product and IT to maintain the strategic project portfolio alignment with Business and IT strategy and have executive stakeholder commitment
- Develops and manages to portfolio delivery performance measures/targets (KPIs)
- Drives the prioritization of the portfolio backlog
- Maintains oversight of in-flight initiatives (WIP) and team assignments for greater capacity analysis and management
- Works with project/program leaders to improve portfolio delivery performance
- Provides senior IT and business leaders with an accurate view of the project/program portfolio based on appropriate performance targets allowing them to make rapid and effective decisions
- Continuously evaluates and coordinates the prioritization and optimization of the portfolio based on strategic value, business needs, cost/benefits, and critical risk
- Reviews and assesses strategic project initiation deliverables such as business cases on strategic justification and risk
- Develops and maintains portfolio governance standards, methods, and processes
- Updates and maintains the integrated portfolio roadmap based on the latest changes on project and program level
- Balances resources across projects and operating units to optimize benefits delivery to the business
- Analyze and report on the performance of the project portfolio and individual programs throughout the entire lifecycle
- Tracks, monitors, and mitigates critical portfolio-wide risks and issues and escalates to the appropriate leadership meetings.
- Evaluates if business benefits significantly deviate from expected benefits, escalates issues to the appropriate party, and implements lessons learned in the portfolio prioritization process
- Assists in the implementation, roll-out, and adoption of portfolio management tools
- 5 to 10 years of direct portfolio management and governance experience or equivalent leadership experience developing portfolio standards, processes, and reporting including relevant experience of progressive growth in project and program management
- Lean management, agile development or design thinking experience and qualifications
- Demonstrated ability defining initiative value statements/business cases
- Driving strategic portfolio decision making with executive stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to drive large-scale change management within a complex, high-growth matrixed organization
- Experience with senior executives and the ability to create and deliver executive-level summary reports/presentations
- Skillfully resolve conflict, persuade and negotiate with internal and external parties
- Demonstrate strong performance management and people development skills, including motivating, coaching, mentoring, and empowering
- Skill in focusing on desired results, determining what is important, urgent, clarifying next steps, and delegating effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and the ability to convey a vision, actively models thought leadership.
- Ability to work autonomously while maintaining a high level of transparency into key decisions and issues
- Experience and expertise with MS Office (word, excel), Visio, PowerPoint, and portfolio/project management tools (MS Project, Aha!, Daptiv/Changepoint, Planview, CA PPM / CA Clarity, etc.)
- Experience in FinTech, B2B, Payments preferred
- PMI/PMP, Agile and/or Portfolio Management certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred
- Position(s) will be filled in Charlotte, NC
- Travel requirements will vary with assignments, anticipated to be less than 25%
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.
- Job Family
Project and Program Management
- Job Function
Technical Project/Program Management
- Pay Type
- Employment Indicator