At McKesson Canada, you'll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that's vital to us all.
The Senior Category Manager is responsible for developing and managing a comprehensive view of assigned manufacturers and to establish and maintain Own and National Brand supplier relationships. A key role within Strategic Procurement and Sourcing, the Senior Category Manager leads Own Brand OTC and CPG negotiation activities, ensures the proper execution of contracts, assesses overall supplier performance, and capitalizes on strategic opportunities to generate sourcing revenue and meet financial objectives as well as customer needs. The incumbent has a broad understanding of McKesson's manufacturer services and can navigate and bring together capabilities across business units and as a global enterprise to enhance McKesson's value to manufacturers and healthcare partners. The incumbent will manage the portfolio of private label suppliers through the brand consolidation initiative and will support the Importer of Record team's activities and ensure the needs of McKesson Canada's retail banners are well met.
Section A - Specific Responsibilities
Strategic Supplier Wholesale Relationship Management
- Develops a formal account management strategy to plan and manage strategic discussions with Own Brand suppliers: includes initial contact, meetings and reviews, exchange of market information and best practices to support and strengthen value-based relationships
- Plans, prepares and manages content of business reviews and follows through on deliverables; leads or participates in specific reviews or other meetings as required
- Assesses suppliers against established KPIs and prioritizes development efforts and focus accordingly to strengthen sourcing capabilities
- Develops and manages a comprehensive view of key manufacturers (Global business, pipeline, Canadian activities, P&L, products, service providers, competitive landscape)
- Develops a broad understanding of McKesson's manufacturer services and how to apply to manufacturer's needs to strengthen relationship and to serve customers
- Responsible for the development of strategies and tactical plans focused on revenue and margin growth for the Own Brand OTC and GPG category
- Manages the overall RFP process and timeline and employs Sourcing methodologies to evaluate supplier bids
- Establishes communication channels and shares RFP results with retail banner Category teams, seeks alignment on winning bids
- Manages timelines of RFP product awards, transitions, and inventory management plans
- Studies category forces and underlying market issues and uses insights to employ correct sourcing strategy and mitigate supply chain risks
- Monitors category budget and forecast to ensure targets are achieved; assists in the development of financial plans for the category
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of local and global relationships and agreements; avoids making decisions in isolation; drives synergies to leverage best practices from across the enterprise
- Initiates and leads work with key McKesson stakeholders (Legal, Finance, Specialty, Global, Procurement Operations) to gain alignment, enhance revenue opportunities and ensure appropriate risk management, conflict mitigation, escalation and resolution
- Prepares and presents business updates and strategic reviews for leadership team
Wholesale Contract Management and Revenue Generation
- Negotiates, drafts, finalizes and obtains signoff of Supplier/Service agreements and various other contracts and agreements with assigned manufacturers.
- Liaises with and coordinates with multiple internal stakeholders to assess, validate, and obtain internal approval and alignment on negotiation terms or potential services.
- Prepares business case for Senior Leadership and secures alignment prior to drafting agreement
- Possesses adequate legal literacy to identify business risks and seek legal counsel when required.
- Oversees contract management over its lifecycle; subject matter expert for suppliers on strategic matters across portfolio of products and market dynamics.
- Leads conflict resolution, mediation, risk management and settlement negotiations with multiple stakeholders impacting agreements, contracts and revenues.
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with Procurement Operations for inventory levels, supplier performance against established KPIs, vendor conformity and other programs; ensures agreements are executed, services delivered, and funds are collected in a timely manner.
Reporting and Financials
- Reports to Senior Management on financial performance, identifies risks, and proposes solutions - Profit & Loss (P&L) - for Category agreements and budget items
- Collaborates with Business Analyst to track financial performance of strategic initiatives and negotiated agreements
Section B - General Responsibilities
- Maintains relevant business knowledge of product categories and stays abreast of market and industry trends and conditions.
- Promotes collaboration and alignment/sharing of leading practices across the Strategic Procurement team.
- Acts as a McKesson ambassador of corporate values (ICARE, ILEAD).
Section C - Position Requirements
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in strategic negotiations, supplier relationship management, strategic sourcing, manufacturer planning and category management.
- Inventory management experience an asset.
- Life Sciences/ Wholesale/experience an asset.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, Finance or equivalent.
Personal Development and Soft Skills
- Strong business acumen.
- Outstanding negotiating skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Excellent partnering skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with various levels of management and employees.
- Bilingual, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of MS Office products (Power BI, Power Point, Excel, Word)
- Knowledge of procurement process and project management.
- Understanding of inventory management.
Other Skills and Capabilities
- Solid experience working with senior management.
- Ability to work as part of multi-functional teams.
- Strong sense of summary and ability to synthesize, whilst being detail oriented.
- Team player.
- Ability to identify operational and strategic issues and proactively drive solutions.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity employer.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
McKesson is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Current employees must apply through internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!