Job DescriptionJob Type:
Job Posting Title:
Job Description Summary:
Responsible for performing tasks that may be assigned to him in the most efficient and workmanlike manner commensurate with his training and capabilities in the best interest of the Company to serve its customers. Perform other functions assigned to him while maintaining the quality and quantity of his work up to acceptable Company standards and in accordance with established policies. Responsible for representing the Company to the customer and the general public in a manner that promotes good relationships.
1. Maintain the domestic water system on the complex including the following:
- House tank and distribution piping - Pressure reducing system
- Bathroom fixtures
- Water fountains
- All associated piping and valves
- Sewerage ejection system
- Gasoline and oil separators in the garage - Grease traps
- Cleaning and snaking of storm drains and sediment baskets
- Testing and repair of anti-siphon (Backflow) devices.
4. Responsible for the completion of all PM and record keeping assigned to his area or responsibility, review and update information as necessary.
5. Responsible for proper use of all tools associated with his trade.
6. Required to be capable of lifting objects up to 100 lbs.
7. Work on ladder, hydraulic lifts and/or staging.
8. Submit work orders for all work performed.
9. Make recommendations to his supervisor as necessary on the performance of his equipment.
10. Maintain and requisition through the Procurement Coordinator an adequate supply of common plumbing stock.
11. Make up and review weekly work reports with the Project Manager.
12. Ensure that safe working conditions are being maintained in all areas under his control.
13. Responsible for the care and safe use of his tools and materials.
14. Keep accurate time sheets.
15. Able to provide man hours and material estimate for reimbursable work.
16. Assist all trades as directed.
17. Respond to all emergencies as requested.
18. Perform other tasks as assigned by Account Director, Project Manager and other account management personnel.
- Assist in the technical training and upgrading of skills of less qualified staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent educational certification preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience as a Building Engineer or equivalent experience and responsibilities including working knowledge of commercial office building plumbing, electrical, fire, and various HVAC systems, as well as pneumatic, DDC and building automation control systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, tenants and vendors
- Ability to work at various properties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Strong technical and problem solving abilities including those related to mechanical controls.
- Possess knowledge of safe and efficient operation of all equipment, power and hand tools including but not limited to a snow blower.
- Ability to work independently as well as a productive member of a team. Be able to coordinate projects or tasks efficiently and optimize the performance of others. Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate exemplary tenant relations and provide excellent customer service.
- Proficient computer skills necessary to operate computer for general day to day work and communications and Building Automation Systems (when applicable).
- Ability to type or write as needed.
- Familiarity with OSHA, NEC, NFC and Life Safety codes.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach and use arms to perform tasks as well as push and pull objects and grasp with hands.
- Regularly use various machinery and tools including, but not limited to, a snow blower.
- Regularly required to talk and hear and occasionally required to smell.
- Frequently required to sit, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, balance, climb stairs and ladders, work at heights and in environments with temperature ranges both while working outside and inside.
- Occasionally required to work around vibration or noise as well as dust.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision color vision and depth perception.
- May be occasionally required to drive a truck or small tractor.
- Involves movement between departments, building and floors to facilitate work.