What's Bench? Check us out in Medium, Betakit, Financial Post, Fintech Impact, Perkins + Will, BC Business, our Instagram, and our Blog.
We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people, by removing the financial complexity of entrepreneurship. Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses.
Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. Learn more about us on our About page.
We're growing fast, and we're looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it's like to work at Bench!
What's it like on the Retro Team?
We empower small business owners to take control of their financial well-being and create new paths to a better life.
Are you passionate about providing an excellent client experience and love problem solving? Do you enjoy challenging how we currently do things, experimenting with what can be done better, and building something completely new from the ground up? Being a member of the Retro Account Management team is a unique challenge, which calls for exceptional team members!
Our team is laser focused on client experience and ensuring clients are set up for success for their time with Retro as well as long-term with Bench and beyond! You'll be a key part in defining the optimal client experience post sale, collaborating on new initiatives, as well as directly contributing to Bench's profitability goals through your impact in this start up within a start up.
What you'll be getting up to:
- Manage a portfolio of small business clients across the United States who have fallen behind on Bookkeeping/ Tax filing, supporting them on their journey to financial well being through proactive client requests via phone calls, emails, texts, and more
- Reducing customer churn and increasing customer satisfaction scores
- Input and support in customer onboarding(s), driving product adoption for various platforms and helping clients to become familiar with our platform and services
- Conduct reviews with clients and partners to set goals and desired outcomes that will be incorporated into the clients resolution journey
- Function as point person to escalate issues and problems that may arise and coordinate its resolution
- Collaborate effectively with multiple teams across different departments and time zones, namely with Sales (to manage the handoff of clients) and Operations/ OC (to address unresponsive clients, additional referrals and upselling opportunities, and manage deadlines)
- Analyze weekly/monthly product adoption data and needs to identify up- and cross-sell opportunities
- Analyze weekly/monthly customer health data to identify follow-up actions and proactively avoid customer churn
- Help transition clients between service packages that best suit their business' needs over time
- Be an expert on our growing list of services and partners, while identifying any needs for additional services or partners
- Navigate objections and work with internal stakeholders to resolve client issues
- Help create email campaigns within SalesLoft to introduce new solutions to clients
- Contribute to designing and improving processes and materials
- Iterate on current processes—improve our existing email templates and cadences, and building out new training materials
- Build new processes—experiment with new workflows and approaches to selling products and helping clients
- Grow your tech skills by managing your workflow using software tools like SalesForce, SalesLoft, RingCentral, Google Sheets, and the Bench App
- Flex your project management skills and support experiments on Bench Retro's newest team
- Help develop new systems and processes, and document changes within our internal knowledge-base, Confluence
To be successful in this role, you'll need to have:
- You're not satisfied with "good enough", and nothing that needs fixing is just someone else's job. You love to experiment, try new things, and drive improvement within your own team, or across the wider organization.
- You thrive in an unstructured environment.
- You have an attitude that welcomes constant feedback, both giving and receiving. This is a role that requires you to be open to ambiguity, change, and experimentation.
- You're a resilient, strong individual performer who is energized by meeting individual and team targets and contributing to the team's success.
- Confident presence on the phone and strong communication skills.
- Comfortable holding multiple calls each day, with many different personalities and types of conversations.
- Talented multi tasker: holding a conversation, taking notes over the phone, and accessing time sensitive information.
- Are excited about owning a client's experience at Bench, and the responsibility that comes with it.
It could be an even better fit if you have:
- 1+ years of experience in a customer success or consulting role, or 1+ years in a sales or account management type role
- You are data-driven, well-organized and have a bias toward action
- You are a great communicator with the ability to influence and drive action across internal and external teams
- You are a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment: you are always willing to take on new projects, and do whatever it takes to make your customers happy and your company successful
- With so many moving parts, there's little available to micromanage performance. Our best team members are those who are motivated to do great work both on their own and in a collaborative team setting - providing constant feedback (both positive and constructive).
Extra bonus points if you have:
- Prior experience in Sales or Customer Success (i.e. a client-facing experience)
- Bonus points if you are fluent in Spanish and English!
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an annual salary, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- All Junior Account Managers joining the team will start at a base salary of $41,200. From there, with the Variable Pay, the On Target Earnings (OTE) for the role is $57,200.
- All Benchmates have access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
- Our office has gone fully remote! We'll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don't stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.