As part of Sage Hospitality Group, we passionately strive to be the best and create excellence in everything we do. We believe in enriching lives one experience at a time. More than a slogan, we empower our employees to make positive impacts on the communities in which we live and work. By providing genuine service we build relationships with our guests and value for our shareholders, and we create unforgettable experiences.
We are looking for independent thinkers. Those who harness their entrepreneurial spirit so that it breaks preconceived notions. We’re not afraid to forge our own path. After all, it’s what industry leaders do. That’s why we welcome risk takers and creative spirits alike. No matter your daily role, Sage recognizes that your success is about more than the work you do—it’s really about who you are, which is why we invest in your personal and professional growth. We hope you consider joining us!
- Achieves a minimum of 90% of productivity goals and 100% of activity goals, as established by management.
- Targets appointment-oriented sales calls to ensure a successful direct sales program, in accordance with goals established by department budget and marketing plan.
- Must have own reliable transportation and possess a valid state driver's license in order to make sales calls.
- Maximizes current hotel key accounts by identifying and capturing those that offer revenue growth.
- Captures competitor's accounts through networking, research and reader board surveys in order to target and solicit those most probable to generate new business.
- Plans and implements an on-going Targeted Account Development "hit list" in order to create new revenue and acquire valuable hotel contacts, and contracts.
- Continually targets and prospects for new business through telemarketing, individual creativity and innovation.
- Utilizes yield management techniques by profitably negotiating room rates and function space commitments in order to enhance the hotel's financial performance.
- Maintains well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management system in order to service client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
- Develops strong customer relations through frequent communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Develops customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system, including trace dates and references, in order to best meet client needs, resulting in superior account service and increased revenues.
- Promptly follows-up on all customer needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Conducts research, surveys, personal investigation and studies market place and territory in order to effectively capitalize on the hotel's strengths and competitor's weaknesses and capabilities.
- Focuses on revenue-producing activity and maximizes selling time by dedicating a minimum 90% work time on direct sales efforts.
- Controls expenses including travel on the property's behalf in order to minimize hotel costs.
- Represents themselves, the hotel and Sage Hospitality Resources with the highest level of integrity.
- A service-focused approach and a caring, sincere attitude at all times.
- Exhibits a positive and involved team attitude to all hotel departments and maintains open communications with all coworkers for the best overall performance of the hotel.
- Display a neat, clean and business-like appearance at all times.
- Requires knowledge of general sales techniques, yield management, and customer service skills.
- Requires the ability to hear, speak, read and write English fluently.
- Requires 12th grade level mathematics, spelling and reading skills. Requires effective business writing skills.
- Must have dexterity/mobility to meet clients on and off premises, to tour property and attend functions, to climb stairs, and operate basic office equipment.
- Vision to read fine print and computer screens, to see colors, to observe rooms in poorly lit conditions
- Understand and follow verbal/written instructions.
- Work on more than one task at a time.
- Develop strong internal and customer relationships.
- Set and manage priorities and plan activities in advance.
- Solve problems and make sound business decisions.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Great discounts on Hotels, Restaurants, and much more.
- Eligible to participate in the Employee Referral Bonus Program. Up to $1,000 per referral.
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement