The solutions architect is accountable for leading and supporting architecture that guide the direction for managing a portfolio of solutions to drive targeted business outcomes, and in response to disruptive forces. Solutions include systems (including applications, technologies, processes, and information) and shared application services.
Specific Duties Include:
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
- Design and lead the implementation of a solutions architecture across a group of specific business applications or technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities and business requirements, IT supportability, and solution resiliency.
- Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements. Recommend solutions for improvement.
- Define the future-state solution portfolio leveraging current architecture, business strategy, and new technologies.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Analyze the technology industry, competitors, and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
- Define the principles, guidelines, standards, and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision.
- Design governance activities to with regard to solution architecture to ensure internal and external compliance.
- Collaborate with other compliance and risk teams to ensure solution architecture is designed to meet compliance requirements and to support risk mitigation.
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work.
- Work closely with project management to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of R.D. Offutt Company.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Understands how to drive and implement strategic technology solutions in support of critical business functions.
- Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture
- Excellent understanding of application development methodologies and infrastructure and network architecture.
- Organizationally savvy, with a good understanding of the enterprise and how to navigate, influence and persuade.
- Ability to communicate, influence and persuade peers.
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Ability to translate future-state business capabilities and requirements into solution architecture requirements.
- Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor???s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)