Do you possess strong leadership, communications, and consultative capabilities? Microsoft is seeking a Digital Sales Manager with deep interest in cutting-edge technology to join our Marketing and Sales Center for our new Incubation team targeted towards managed Enterprise and Corporate account leads. This organization is at the forefront of establishing a new sales model leveraging modern sales technology, big data, and analytics to drive impactful and targeted sales coverage.
In this role there will be a specific focus on Azure Synapse. The team should build out to include Digital Sellers who have a technical bent and are able to help our customers evaluate and value Azure Synapse as a differentiator and accelerator for their business needs.
As the Digital Sales Representative Manager, you will manage a team of highly talented and skilled digital sellers driving the day-to-day execution to exceed business performance targets and coaching team members. The Digital Cloud Acquisition team consists of highly capable salespeople that drive Microsoft wins on the latest cloud and modern development technologies. The team members’ primary responsibilities include customer engagement to vet and qualify opportunities through accelerating velocity to deal closure.
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model - Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
- Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care - Attract and retain great people; Know each individual’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
- Leading a team of technically oriented digital salespersons who are solely focused on Azure Synapse.
- Owns forecast integrity. Accurately forecasts, identifies trends, assesses risk, and identifies performance plans in weekly deal and pipeline reviews with senior management. Coaches teams to excel at opportunity management and forecasting accuracy to successfully plan and prioritize weekly, monthly, and quarterly engagements. Aggregates customer insights from the teams. Drives closing pipeline gaps (e.g., Correction of Errors [COEs]). Ensures adequate pipeline coverage for future quarters.
- Coaches team to disposition quality leads appropriately and in a timely manner. Ensures teams meet expected activity levels to reach targets (e.g., calling customers on leads, appointment booking, email follow ups). Shares and seeks best practices in lead management.
- Drives operational excellence of key center metrics including response rates, conversions, pipeline, velocity and accuracy. Leads team to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual team targets by generating sales pipeline, accelerating active opportunities and driving to close. Shares best practices regionally and globally. Actively participates in customer meetings to lead by example and gain first-hand partner/customer insights. Demonstrates agility to proactively mitigate gaps and drive quota attainment. Proactively builds plans and partners with stakeholders to enable target achievement and mitigate risk.
- Leads team to actively engage accounts to drive up-sell and cross-sell based on deep understanding of customer ecosystem and pain points. Drives collaboration across solution areas as required to meet customer needs. Prevents and resolves blockers to cross-sell and upsell by sharing knowledge with teams and orchestrating business unit response. Builds and drives cross-sell strategy for teams.
- Uncovers and provides insight into key trends and opportunities, as well as roadblocks and help needed to drive ongoing performance improvements. Synthesizes feedback into clear, actionable, and prioritized insights. Creates compelling business case for change. Leads v-teams for driving improvements. Ensures sharing and adoption of best practices across teams, regions, and globally.
- Fosters a culture of shared and adopted best practices, including knowledge management, talent management, systems, and processes within and across business groups to drive sales decisions and digital transformation. Mentors team members and other managers across regions, including onboarding activities as needed. Enables One Microsoft and digital transformation opportunities to improve customer experience and enable business growth. Owns development of own expertise and proactively shares expertise with others. Readily builds and leverages extensive network to assist team in creating efficiencies and accomplishing desired outcomes. Builds strong relationships with key internal stakeholders.
- Implements rigor with team in reporting and analysis. Reports in a timely manner on monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets and delivers competitive business insights, trends, and analysis to drive ongoing performance improvements. Initiates Correction of Error (COE) plans proactively as needed. Drives operational excellence of key center metrics including response rates, conversions, pipeline, velocity, and accuracy. Motivates team and peers to remain tenacious in implementing new tools, programs processes, and procedures. Drives adoption and addresses barriers to progress to maximize attainment of strategic goals. Maintains awareness of financial responsibilities and adheres to budget allowances.
- Ensures regular cadence of communications and consistent tone of priority for compliance. Ensures teams are executing according to compliance requirements. Coaches teams on compliance. Elevates compliance concerns as needed.
- Builds, motivates, and mentors inside sales team to lead and drive sales conversations. Leads and coaches team members through strong call coaching of their customer sales calls, co-selling with sellers, coaching on demo execution, and working to unblock sales blockers. Improves sales and technical competency via mentoring, coaching, and providing feedback and guidance on sales techniques to increase sales cycles, increase quota attainment, and increase customer satisfaction. Supports individual professional development and growth. Researches and educates self with new developments in cloud capabilities and pricing for both Microsoft and competitors. Creates and manages Personal Development Plan (PDP) in partnership with manager. Conducts reviews of PDPs with team members in accordance with business guidelines. Proactively identifies experiences to enable team PDPs.
- Executes Digital Sales excellence through use of tools such as LinkedIn, PointDrive, and Elevate to better identify, connect, and engage with customers and key decision makers and promote professional brand. Provides thought leadership on digital sales excellence. Coaches team members in modern sales and communications tools and techniques to effectively reach, sell to, and manage Microsoft customers. Proactively looks for new developments. Shares for adoption with the broader team. Builds on customer/partner engagements through use of tools to further network for mutual gain. Seeks next generation customer engagement tactics with new social selling tools. Follows business processes to elevate for consideration for use in digital sales.
- Manages the collaboration and teaming of different roles such as Inside Sales Representatives and Inside Technical Solution Professionals to effectively progress opportunities and pipeline through the sales cycle. Engages with managers from other teams as needed. Works to remove sales blockers as needed. Leverages others to drive proactive readiness. Effectively collaborates with stakeholders. Identifies communication channels and incentive programs to share collaboration successes and learnings.
- Embody our culture and values
7+ years sales and negotiation experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Marketing (or equivalent) or related field AND 4+ years sales and negotiation experience or related work or internship experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Marketing (or equivalent) is required AND 2+ years sales and negotiation experience or related work or internship experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
8+ years sales and negotiation experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Marketing (or equivalent) or related field AND 5+ years sales and negotiation experience or related work or internship experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Marketing (or equivalent) AND 3+ years sales and negotiation experience or related work
- OR equivalent experience.
- Desired leadership experience working in a digital technology sales environment.
- Sales experience in Azure Synapse technology preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.