Responsible for the development of high-quality software applications that work across multiple platforms and scale with the organization’s business plan. The successful candidate will build seamless interactions across a diverse set of technologies that allow for intuitive interaction amongst organizational employees and client platforms. The daily work is varied and challenging with a fantastic opportunity to engage in a positive and creative work environment.
Essential Functions (Key Responsibilities):
1. Develop software solutions by studying information needs; discussing with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
2. Maintain existing B+T custom developed application suite, including research and development, application enhancements, updates, and bug fixes.
3. Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
4. Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
6. Maintain and improve the performance of existing software by ensuring availability, functionality, and optimization.
7. Design and update software solutions to meet the growing needs of our organization.
8. Recommend improvements to existing systems and software programs.
9. Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale.
10. Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals.
11. Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.. Requirements:
- Technical Skills – Extensive knowledge of Database architecture; knowledge of business processes, and following the software development lifecycle. Functional knowledge of implementing Restful APIs and how to interface with them.
- Diagnostic Ability – Ability to investigate technical, and process related issues, research solutions and implement best practice resolutions; ability to identify requirements, produce custom or modified software solutions for the business unit and or enterprise-level deployments.
- Communication Skills – Proven written and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively document applications and solutions for use by employees, managers, and senior staff.
- Customer Service – Highly customer service focused when applying technical solutions; able to manage stressful conditions and conflicting deadlines with a calm, professional manner.
- Teamwork – Must be able to work with and support all other IT Services team members as well as be able to work with the business unit or senior managers in developing solutions.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in IS, CS, or relevant industry certifications and 5+ years of software engineering application development experience
- Experience with Python, Git, Stripe, Angular, Node.js, ReactJS, and AWS Machine Learning is a plus.
- Experience building complex web systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
Special Job Dimensions
Work may have to be performed outside of normal business hours to avoid system downtime; on-call coverage may also be required for out-of-business-hours emergency support.